Chapter 12| Introductions

"Eli !" Madam Samantha cried out.

Eli ? Is she talking about my mother ? I looked behind my mother, only to see a solemn looking Luisa and North. They both had closed their eyes, causing them to both look like they were in prayer. But in reality, I could visibly see the killing intent surrounding them both.

"Samantha !" My mother scolded Madam Samantha. I was stuck there, shell-shocked of what just happened. At this moment, I felt the slight feeling of deja vu. Godric kidnapping me whilst announcing a completely unexpected announcement and then my mother and Madam Samantha knowing each other ? This is too much of a coincidence, if you ask me.

"Why did your son kidnapped my daughter ?!" She shrieked with all her anger. Madam Samantha shrunk as if she was just born yesterday. As she was about to explain, guards who ran after my mother when she broke into the mansion arrived and circled Samantha.

"Freeze, intruder !" The all said in sync.

If I wasn't expecting my mother kicking the door while I was talking to Samantha, I wasn't expecting either that she's one hell of a badass fighter. It only took my mother a few seconds of highly skilled kicks on the guards faces to make them unconscious.

"Now then" the woman who just took the guards out singlehandedly said, "answers ?"

I looked at her in shock and in awe. And it seemed that Samantha was looking at her with the same awestruck look I had. Was she really my mother ? I can't believe it. I just can't. If she was this skilled, then why did she look so pitiful in front of my father ? Why did she act as if she was just a damsel in distress ?

"Mother ?" I breathed out without warning. Her head spun towards my voice and she looked at me with a guilt-ridden look.

"I'm so sorry, Rein ! I should have come ! I should have protected you !" Her voice cracked under the pressure of herself. She was about to hug me when Godric appeared with a worried face.

"Are you all alright ?!" He asked with a tone of worry. Which sounded unbelievable, considering his bad attitude to his mother earlier.

My mother's jaw fell to the floor.

"That's your son, Samantha ?" She said with a shocked tone. Samantha gleefully smiled as she patted her chest proudly.

"I did well" I heard her whisper back at my mother. My mother, without a doubt, was planning something. And I had a feeling she wasn't thinking about saving me anymore. I looked at my two retainers, North and Luisa, who was glaring at Godric as if they were really planning a murder especially for him. Godric blushed. He must felt embarrassed from worrying too much.

"So, um, it seems that I'm interrupting something, so um-" as he stuttered, he blushed harder. Even North was, after some time of glaring, looking at him with sympathy. I sighed, planning on saving Godric before he becomes a stuttering mess. I wonder, will I have to save Godric every time he loses his composure ? I hope not.

"Mother, I would like you to meet Godric" I introduced him, "Godric, meet Elizabeth, my mother"

Godric snapped out of his thoughts and his usual smirk- I mean, smile, replanted itself on his face. How could a boy who looks so charming be so troublesome ? My mother smiled, taking the boy's hand. Well, that solved that problem. But why do I still have a feeling something bad is going to happen ?

--------------------------

10,000 reads....

Ten. Thousand. Reads.

Oh my God, Oh my God, I feel like I'm hyperventilating ! This is the farthest I have reached so far. I mean, when I saw The Rival Queen reached 1k, I was eternally happy but 10k ?! I'm jumping in joy ! So, to commemorate this, I would like to have a poll, if it's okay with the readers, of course. The rules are simple, I will present to you three suggestions of my choice so all you have to do is vote which you like best. The poll ends at July 31, 2017. Here are your choices;

A Q and A with a character of your choosing. (And if so, please submit one or more questions )

A short prequel story.

A one-shot contest.

Or if you don't like any of this choices, suggestions are welcomed.

That's all for now, thanks for reading, I appreciate every reader who reads this book.