Chapter 26| The Original Routes Are About To Begin !

I sat on my favorite chair, thinking once more of the queen's invitation while scratching my head profusely. In other words, I didn't know how to respond to this. The game never stated that Rein was going to be in the academy before the required age. Now that I thought of it, the game never shown anything about Rein other than being the antagonist of the plot.

I groaned internally, realizing that I was helpless even with my knowledge in this world. As I kept thinking of new ways to avoid my impending doom, a knock was heard. I sharply turned towards the door before stating permission to enter.

"Rein ?" Lucas' voice rang from the outside. I subconsciously let my guard down at the voice of my fiancé.

"Lucas !" I said, trying to sound as carefree as possible. Lucas' calm face froze as I continue to smile.

"Rein, stop lying" his eyes narrowed, "I hate it when you do that"

I stared at him, surprised by how he was able to discern my actual emotions so quickly. This was the first time I got scolded by him, I suddenly thought. I swiftly changed my eyes' direction towards the already sitting Lucas.

For once, the rumors got something right. Lucas has become a adolescent with sex appeal of an adult. Mysterious and calculating eyes, this was the very boy who promised me something I felt guilty of. Marriage. As if reading my mind, his smile once again appeared.

"I remember the second time I visited your home" he reminisced, "I couldn't believe how fast you have forgotten me" he looked at me with disappointed eyes as if was expecting me to be more sharp-minded. I gave him an apologetic look, to which he brushed off quickly.

Yes, I remember.

I was five years old back then. He came to our house for the second time with a much more fierce demeanor. One thing that hasn't change however was his innocent smile.

"Big brother, big brother !" I cried out. Lucas turned his head from his book to me.

"You'll always protect me, right ?" I said a bit too shyly. With a grin, he nodded.

"It's a pinky promise, okay ? So we'll never forget !"

"We were children back then" he started, "but that promise will always be etched in my heart, to motivate me even if times are rough, knowing I have to protect myself first to be able to protect you"

By then, I was blushing. Was this truly Lucas ? If it were five years ago, he would also be blushing with me, not changing our red expressions for a while.

But now he seemed different. He held himself with grace and confidence, that fierce demeanor comfortably going along with his new attributes. Whatever happened to him in my five years of absence changed him to the boy I'm talking to today.

"I've heard that you'll be joining Seven Heights Academy, correct ?" He inquired. I could only nod, worried I might sound flabbergasted if I say anything. He smiled once again, this time more amused.

"Then I wish you good luck, both as your fellow student and as your Student Council President" he patted my shoulder before standing up and leaving the room to myself. But just before he left, if I wasn't so quiet I wouldn't hear his last statement.

"Your going to need it"