Chapter 20| The Times Have Changed

How did the Queen Dowager find out ? The moment I reached the palace, she was already talking about the little deed I did to the guests. She almost looked like she had everything the moment I came and the attendant announced that I have arrived. As of now, I am sitting in one of the comfiest chairs I have ever sat and sharing a little tea party with the aged woman.

Corona Amelia Septimius. The woman who saved the Main Country. I actually couldn't believe the one who was perceived as a living legend was actually a jollily retired queen who was now sipping a cup of tea.

"Let me guess, your wondering how I could possibly be the living legend even parents story tell about every night, am I right ?" She chuckled, knowing from my expression that she was truly right. Suddenly, she put her cup down. The once half-closed eyes of hers while she was sipping tea was replaced by a rekindled fire from her youth.

"Don't think just because I'm an old woman now, I lost my touch with swords and mana" she said, suddenly sounding reckless. I gaped as her aged body suddenly turned to the portrait I saw while walking with her to the garden. So the portrait was her, after all. The grass surrounding the Queen Dowager seemed to have been seeped from its life force. I gaped at her. How did she do that ?

In all the books I've read, this was one of the many techniques I haven't tried nor heard of. I couldn't believe it. A mana spell where you can change your age at any given time. I felt myself becoming increasingly excited.

"From now on till the end of my life, you are my student and I am your teacher"

Five years has passed since then. I have finally reached the age of twelve, the age required of becoming an official academy student. Sadly, I found out that my father is a professor in Seven Heights Academy, the same academy I have (even with a lot of begging from my mother to choose something else) to attend together with my sister. This also meant meeting the love interests (and probably with their personalities changed too).

When me and Teacher Corona left the palace two years ago to travel around the other countries, I thought I wouldn't meet the comforts of aristocracy anymore. Finally, my back can touch a bed that isn't made of pure twigs, leaves or any other fabric that I feel uncomfortable on my back. Say I'm being selfish and should be grateful but I'm just trying to think of the brighter side of our return.

Unbelievably, since the Congress have never met me before, Teacher believed it was finally time I meet the Heads. Another problem popped up in my head. My father. I have to meet my father, Dean Aurelia. I clenched my fists, my brown hair slowly covering my face. I watched the sunset from my magic turban (a gift from one of the people we visited somewhere at the East), thinking more as I followed my teacher's turban. It was when I saw the familiar flickering of lights in one place. We have arrived.

The Main City has changed little over the years. It was still as oriented as it was before we left. I continue to frown until we reached the doorsteps of the palace. Tomorrow I meet the Congress and yet still, I have this bad feeling it might go wrong. If it wasn't for the chiming of the bell to state that is already seven, I wouldn't have notice North's blonde hair.

Wait..

North's hair ?

"North ?!" I yelped.

"Mistress ?!" He yelped back.

"You know each other ?"