"David," I spoke shakily, standing up to face him.

"You son of a bitch!" He yelled, grabbing my shoulders and shoving my body into the wall.

"David!" Rose, Julianna's mother yelled, rushing over to the two of us, along with the officers shuffling over in a panic.

"We were friends! I was always there for you!" He screamed in my face. "And you repay me how? Like this?"

He had always been a lot stronger than I was, and I flinched as he shoved me against the hard wall once again before two officers pulled him off of me.

"David, I didn't mean for this to happen." I spoke quickly and nervously.

"You're a grown man, Shawn! You should've known better than to act on your goddamn impulses!" He snarled, pointing a shaking finger at me.

"David," Rose sniffled softly, shaking her head. "Sit down, please."

"Mr. Mendes," Principal Wilson nodded towards me. "Officer James and his partner are going to take you to your classroom to gather your things, then down to the station. When the semester ends in a few days, we'll allow you to come back and pack the rest of your things."

I blinked for a moment, trying to gather my thoughts before wordlessly nodding my head and moving towards the door, trying to ignore the new aching pain in my shoulders.

The two officers didn't speak while they walked me back the familiar path to my class, and I was thankful for the silence as I struggled to gather my thoughts.

Who told them? Who knew?

I counted on my hands the people that knew other than Julianna and I; John, Jules' girlfriends, and... that was it, wasn't it?

Had someone found out? Those were the only ones who knew, yet I knew none of them would ever say a thing.

The only people I could think of were Julianna's parents, and from how her father had reacted, I wouldn't be surprised if it was them.

Silently, I walked into the classroom, grateful that it was empty. I gathered my computer, phone, and other things I had brought with me to class for the day. Then, we headed out of the building and back towards the front office building, where the officer's cars were.

"Mr. Mendes, sir," the female officer gently spoke, a small frown on her lips. "An assembly is just getting out, so we're going to have to handcuff you to ensure nothing happens with all of the people. It's protocol, sir."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes, before nodding and handing officer James, the male officer, my briefcase before letting the female, who I saw was officer Gonzalez, cuff me loosely.

"Can we make this quick, at least? I don't want to see any of my students." I muttered, feeling a small flush crawl up my neck.

She agreed, leading me back towards the cars, but it turns out it really was my unlucky day; a large group of students had already gathered around the flashing lights, and once they saw me in cuffs, the gasps and shocked chatter only grew louder.

"Is that Mendes?"

"Mendes! What happened?"

"Hey, are you really a drug dealer?"