0.7

"Officer Lee Y/N of the Seoul Gangnam Sector!"

"Here!" I yelled, eagerly shooting my hand up at the sudden mention of my name.

"Officer Kim Yeri of the Seoul Gangnam Sector!"

"Here!" I heard the sweet, yet firm voice of my fellow comrade yell from about two spaces to my left beside me in the line up.

Her soft and sweet face proves to look much younger and childish compared to the rest of us in line who have been on the job much longer. But her charisma and passion was something that none of us could've matched to.

She impatiently bounced on the balls of her feet as she was just as eager as the rest of us to get straight to work.

Having to spend hours on end behind a desk shifting through the most horrendous of crimes was the punishment we got for taking on this line of work.

So being able to get a break from all the hideousness of the human world by earning easy money off of bodyguarding a famous celebrity was a big deal for every one of us. Which only adds on to why we're so eager to get started.

The guy taking attendance looks over at the manager as he finishes of the list. The manager nods at him as a sign of dismissal, and as he leaves, he begins to speak.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. I'm Manager Heonwoo, and I'll be handling you for the remainder of your time with our agency."

I don't know why, but the mention of his name caused a light to flicker on and off in the back of my mind.

I know I've heard it before, but where is the question.

We all bow in respect for offering us this generous job, some of us more energetic in our thanks than others.

Which is weird because we were summoned to be here at 5 AM in the morning and knowing our jobs, the absolute earliest we went to sleep was probably 12 AM.

I couldn't even fall asleep until about 1 AM because of my current internal conflicts I was having with myself the previous night and even earlier before.

Hopefully, today can temporarily take my mind off all of that.

"I'd first like to thank all of you for taking a break from your duties in order to help ensure the protection of one of our artists. The City of Seoul thanks you for your service."

"Next, what Assistant Han will be handing off to you is your schedules and rotations for the next few months of this project." He motions to the demure woman with thick rimmed glasses as she hands over our schedules for the next couple of months.

Immediately when she finishes, she scurries out of the room in a hurry to get back to her other numerous tasks that she probably has stacked up for the day.

"This schedule that is being handed out right now only spans out for seven months at the moment. It may go one month over if complications seem to occur, but hopefully, we can get you guys back to work full-time as soon as possible."

A collected groan travels across the room at the mention of having to return to work. Honestly, I'm pretty sure most of us would rather prefer to stay and work here for the entirety of our careers if we really wanted to.

"Being here doesn't mean that you will be completely off from your duty as policemen. I've informed each and every one of your lieutenants that your workload will need to be reduced in order to cooperate with your long hours, but that doesn't excuse you from doing your job."

I can sense that everyone is trying to control themselves from letting out another groan. It was probably stupid of us to think that just because we were getting this job meant that we would be excused from our police duty.