Chapter 25

{Rose} 

     I get my phone from William and look him dead in the eye. "Gage will need a doctor, but let him suffer for a few hours before you attend to him, will you?" I ask and he nods his head with a proud smile. "Of course, Rose. I'm proud that You finally stood up to him. Congratulations." He says and I smile and hug him tightly. "One day I'm going to take you out for lunch and we're going to catch up. Would you like that?" I ask as I start to make my way to Kaz's car. "I would enjoy that very much. Just give me a call when you decide to have it." He says and I nod my head before I get into the car and pull away from the home with the chip and Gage's computer. 

     I pull into Kaz's building/company parking lot and park in his spot. "You really need to grab that note before you go home." I say to myself before I get out of the car. I get into the elevator and hit the top floor button and watch as the numbers continue to get higher. I fix my hair and pull my dress down some as I start to hum to myself. I wipe the wine from my lips and pull myself together before the elevator reaches Kaz's floor. 

     I walk out of the elevator and into Kaz's office without saying a single word. I grab my computer as I sit down and start to break the virus. I don't say anything as Tobias and Tris watch me. "There. It's done." I say to them as I stand up and walk back to the elevator and get inside. I look to my left and notice that Kaz is looking at me stunned. "Don't touch me please. I'm going home, and you're going to fix your company. The virus has been deactivated and can't be turned on by anyone but me." I say in a monotone voice as I look at him. He nods his head slowly and says, "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" I shake my head and walk out of the elevator as soon as it opens. 

     I drive home and get out of the car before I go up to the apartment that I share with Kaz and walk inside. I pull off my heels and put them by the door as I walk into the kitchen and burn the note that was on the counter. I take a shower then put on a pair of leggings and a shirt before I wash the makeup off of my face and order a pizza. I decide to call my dad and he picks up in no time. "Hey Dad. How has your day been?" I ask as soon as he picks up the phone. "It's been great pumpkin, but it sounds like you haven't had the same day as me. What happened?" He asks and I sigh as I tell him about everything that happened. 

     "Why didn't you tell me Rose?! You could've been killed!" My dad shouts through the phone after I tell him everything that happened. "I know Dad, and I'm sorry. I just didn't want him to come after you too." I reply sheepishly as I pay for my pizza and go back to the couch. "It's bad enough that I lost your mother....I can't have you leave me too Rose." He says and I sigh and try to make sure my voice doesn't crack. "I know Dad...I never meant to hurt you. I swear." I tell him then yawn. "It's alright. Is Kaz there with you?" He asks. "No. He's still at the company trying to fix everything." I reply then yawn again. "Okay then. Get some sleep and i'll come to visit you in the morning." My dad says and I mumble a reply as I hang up the phone and go to sleep. 

{The next morning....}

     I wake up to the sun shining and a pillow under my head. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but I specifically remember falling asleep on the couch and I was alone. I jump instantly and see a sleeping Kaz next to me with one arm lazily wrapped around my waist. I look down at him and his facial features move a little but it doesn't wake him up. I slip out of bed and go back to the living room and start to fix everything. "Are you ready to talk to me now?" Kaz says from behind me and I jump as I spin around. "You could've just said something when I woke up? What's wrong with you?" I ask as I go back to fixing the living room. "I should be asking you the same thing. You kick me out of my car, go off to a destination where you could be murdered, then come back without talk to anyone or letting anyone come close to you?" He says as he watches me without making any attempt to approach me. 

     "What happened to you while you there, Rose?" Kaz asks and I shake my head. "I don't wanna talk about, okay?" I reply and he growls as he stomps over to me. "Why won't you tell me?! What did he do to you?!" Kaz shouts and I push him out of my way. "Nothing! I came back and fixed he problem, okay?! Get off my back!" I shout and he grabs my by my arms. "Just tell me what happened, please. I just wanna help you." He pleads and I sigh as I look down. "Nothing happened Kaz. I just wanna forget about him, okay? I just wanna forget about everything." I reply and Kaz nods his head. "Get dressed. I'm taking you somewhere." He says and I look at him. "Are you crazy?" I ask and he nods his head then grabs his phone. "Just get dresses and pack a bag. I'll come get you in a few minutes." Kaz says as he walks out of the front door.