Chapter 24

Chapter 24

{Rose}
The house still looks the same as I remember it. He hadn't moved since we'd broken up. I pull up in the driveway and see Gage's butler, named William, waiting for me. "Hello William. I've missed you." I say to him as I get out of the car. "I've missed you too Miss Rose. I wish that we could've met on better circumstances." He replies with a slight sadness in his tone. I nod my head and hug him tightly before I hand him a phone. "William, I need a favor. I need you to give this to Kaz Booth if I don't come out of this house by tomorrow morning." I say quickly and he nods. "Anything for you Miss Rose." He replies.

I walk into the house to see Gage standing at the top of the steps with a smirk on his face. "I knew that you'd come around my beautiful black Rose." He replies as he starts to walk down the steps. When he reaches me he pulls out a black rose from behind his suit and holds it in front of me. "Rare, beautiful, majestic, and just like you. Will you accept my rose?" Gage says quietly and I take it from his hands and put it into my hair. "The polite thing to say is 'thank you'." Gage says in a demanding tone as I look down at my heels. "Thank you Gage. It's beautiful." I reply and watch his lips break our into a smile. "You're welcome my rose, but it isn't as beautiful as you." He says and kisses my cheek softly.

"Why don't we have dinner? Or have a nice bottle of wine and cheese? I'd like to catch up with you.....it's been so long hasn't it?" Gage says and puts his hand on the bottom of my back and I shiver. "Yes, it's been so very long. I think that wine and cheese might be appropriate given the circumstances." I reply in a monotone voice as I continue to look at my heels. "Very well then my rose. Follow me please." He says and leads me with his hand still on the bottom of my back.

{Kaz}
You've got to be kidding me?! I can't believe this....I have to find her.

I'm on the side of the road with a growing pain in my side. "She left me on the side of the road.....you've got to be kidding me." I mumble to myself as I call an Über. "Yeah? I need you to come and get me and take me to Booth Inc." I say to the person on the other end before I hang up. As I'm waiting for the driver to come and get me I start to pace and think to myself.

You called her stupid, Kaz. That's the second dumbest thing you've ever done! And you need to get back in shape. She just got a cast off of her and she was still able to kick you out of the car. That's so pathetic.

I'm still pacing when I see a car pull up in front of me. "Are you Mr. Booth?" The guy in the car asks and I nod my head before I get in beside him in the passenger's seat. I'm still mumbling to myself when I hear a small bark. I look around and find a small dog sitting in the back seat very obediently. "Sorry that I forgot to mention, but that's my service dog. His name is Sans." He guy driving replies and I pet San's head. He yelps in reply and I smile.

"What do you need him for?" I ask and try to get my mind on anything other than Rose. "Anxiety about meeting new people." He answers and I nod my head. "Why the name Sans?" I ask and watch his hands fidget a little. "It's a video game that I like to play called Undertale, and my favorite character is named Sans. " He replies and I smile.

That game was all that Rose used to talk about when we were in high school together. Sans was the shorter skeleton and his taller brother liked spaghetti a lot.

"If you don't mind me asking, why were you on the side of the road?" The guys asks and I laugh as I shake my head. "I called my girlfriend stupid and she literally kicked me out of the car." I reply while rubbing my side.

That's definitely going to bruise tomorrow morning.....

The guy laughs and shakes his head as well. "Why would you call your girlfriend stupid? Did you want her to kill you?" He asks while still laughing and I shake my head. "I was just really upset and I knew that it would hurt her so I said." I reply and the laughter dies down. "Why?" He asks after a moment of silence. "Because she's trying to save my company and I was being a complete idiot about it." I reply after thinking about it.

He pulls into the parking complex of my company building and parks the car. "With all due respect, that was pretty crappy. You should've trusted that she knows what she's doing, and that she can take care of herself." He says and I nod my head. "You're completely right. Now I have to go and apologize for being a complete jerk, and make sure that she's okay." I say before getting out of the car. "Good luck. " The guy says as his dog barks. I give him $200 (two hundred dollars) and smile. "Thank you because I'm going to need it." I reply and run into the building.

{Rose}
I'm sitting next to Gage looking at him with pure hatred. "What am I doing here, Gage? What do you want?" I ask as he sips from his cup of red wine. "You're here because I told you to be here, and I want you. Hasn't that been clear since we first met all those years ago?" He says and takes a bite of his brie cheese with a slice of pear. "What we had was great Gage, but we can't be together. You've hurt me so much, and I can't forgive you. I can't trust you ever again, Gage." I reply and he looks at me.

"How many times are you going to bring that up?! It was an accident and besides you wouldn't let me fuck you so I found someone who would!" He shouts and slaps me.

Okay Rose, enough's enough.

I look at him and stand up. He immediately realizes what he's done and stands up too. I ram my right fist into the jaw and loose it. My heel goes into his stomach and he's on the floor. "Alright! This is the last time!" I shout and kick him in the ribs.....again and again. I grab the hard drive from around his neck and kick him in the ribs one more time before I leave the house.