Opposites Attract I: Part 15 - Foul Play

Zacznij od początku

I finish off my champagne and grab another one quickly as the barista walks by. I down another one in two gulps. He's the last person I wanted to see tonight and I'm sure I'm not either. I even wonder if he has one of his band-aid ass bitches here on his arm. I scan the room to see if there was anyone who looked at him in awe. I noticed every woman in here looked at him in that way. I would too because he's so charming but now, he is nothing to me. I could admit his jokes were funny too but I didn't laugh because I am so angry with him.

After his speech I turn to Olivia. "I am not speaking to him tonight I don't give a damn. If he tries to pull me away don't let me go."

"Did you drink before you came here?"

"Maybe." I shrug my shoulders and take another sip.

I finally became loose after my last class and decide to mingle around with Olivia. We laughed at the jokes of the soon donators for the charity. I heard Michael's voice in the distance and then hear a woman's laugh. I chose not to turn around because I knew I would act on impulse.

"Oh. Michael! Come on over man. Ladies here is my good friend and who is this beautiful lady?"

I make a quick look at Olivia and from her expression, as she looked behind me, I knew it wasn't good. I didn't turn around and chose to wait to relax my nerves. He walks over and gives the man we were talking to and hug and introduces his date. I look at her twice to see it was Saweetie. This time her was hair is black and she wanted to be called by her real name, Diamonté. This bitch!

Michael's face froze when he saw me and so did she. Her eye contact was short with me but she glared at Olivia. To my surprise, Olivia just smiled and swayed her body from side to side gently. I knew that was her coping mechanism of her not to hit someone. Michael and I glare at each other the whole time while Olivia and the man continue to talk. I hated this man but I loved him so much. He looked so good tonight and I could faintly smell his cologne. I look over a Diamonté. This fake ass bitch. I told her about him and she still went with her move.

The stare down was broken by the gentleman that invited him over. "Well, my wife is calling me over. Enjoy yourselves!" He waves and we proceed with the same energy

Olivia didn't play any games when it came to expressing herself. "Why yo hoe ass with her man? Michael?"

"Look, I know him through passing. It's nothing like that."

"I told you about him at the club. Why?" I interrupt her. "Was this the bitch at your place last night?" I face Michael. I could tell he had the same anger for me, but I don't understand why?

"Can we speak in private. You're getting loud."

"No." I protested with a low growl. The silence between us was tense that we were scared to say anything. I wanted to hit the both of them so bad. Not only because I was hurt but because I was embarrassed that the both of them would do this. "Why Diamonté? I thought we were friends."

"I told you not to trust that hoe."

I look at Olivia for her to hush because I don't need to hear that now. "I expected more from you." My eyes were on Michael. I walk away without warning to the door. I hear the claps of Olivia's heels following me.

"Lauryn. Wait. We can't leave now. I have a presentation to do. Please stay because I need you here."

"I'm sending for an Uber. I can't be here in the same building as them and I don't want to embarrass you if I end up fighting her. I just can't right now."

The silence was between us. "Just stay. Please, I need your support and I'm not letting you leave alone." I look at the rotating doors and the big crowd that's anticipating her so I choose to stay. I begin walking inside and she follows. "Thank you."