Chap. 10

=====

Jisung's POV

I was so sure (Y/N) liked me. The way (Y/N) acts and teases me made me think that it was because of her feelings for me. After a while, I just assumed that (Y/N) was leading me on. Of course, it was sad that I thought of her that way, especially as a friend.

But then she came to my school. Despite being Korean herself, it seemed like she wasn't fluent in the language after overhearing a conversation with her and a teacher. Ever since she moved here, it distracted me from the confused feelings between me and (Y/N). I found myself looking at her way every time we pass each other in the hallways. Unfortunately, she wasn't in my class, so her name is yet to be known.

Yes, maybe I shared a white lie with (Y/N), but it doesn't really matter. She never liked me back, right?

"Yah, Jisung," Hyunjin snapped me away from my thoughts, "if you take a picture, it'll last longer."

I didn't understand what he was trying to say until I realize that I've been staring at the new girl. A hint of warmth started to crawl up my neck, my cheeks tinting pink as I notice that the new girl was looking back with curiosity on her face.

"You never even went up to her once," Seungmin teased while moving his eyebrows up and down, "Why don't you take her out on a date, huh?"

I scoff. Hang out.

Jeongin's head perks up from eating as he overheard the conversation, "Who are you guys talking about?"

"Please don't tell--"

"It's the new girl with short hair, sitting like, three tables behind me," Hyunjin answered him.

I put my head down to my fingers and lightly massage my temples as Jeongin makes a weird face towards me, then to the girl, and back at me. As if he couldn't make it more obvious, the other two started copying Jeongin's actions, which lead the girl to look at our direction, more specifically, me.

Seungmin was the first to stop, "I actually think she's in my class. Um... Kwon Ava, I think?"

I almost choked on my food at the name. "A-Ava?"

"D-Did I s-stutter?" He mocked, "Sounds like you know her."

"U-Uh, no. No, I-I don't," I managed to stutter out, "I think I have to go."

I quickly get up and grab my things clumsily, stumbling out between the seats and the table. As I turned around to say goodbye, Hyunjin, Seungmin and Jeongin started to whisper amongst themselves. I roll my eyes and walk past Ava, who sat with her friends while maintaining eye contact. I stroll through the hallways and to my locker, attempting to collect my thoughts together.

The girl I think I like is actually the friend of the person I believe I'm over. (Y/N), how am I going to tell you that the girl I'm supposedly dating is Ava?

=====

Your POV

Things at the lunch table had become more awkward now that Chan usually sits with us. Zuri and I aren't particularly comfortable around the boy, as we can't find a topic to talk about. I think it may be because of the fact that he follows me around, including when I go back home.

All this time, I had always pushed aside the thought that he might like me because of the fact that he was the new kid and he just probably wanted to make new friends. And of course I couldn't say no after he asked for my social media username, I wanted to be nice. It all turned around after he kept texting me non-stop. Saying good morning and good night every single day even if I insisted that it wasn't necessary. Don't even get me started with the forced conversations, especially after the previous one dies! The worst of them all, he keeps butting into my conversations with other people he isn't a part of. I just need some space away from him, but he is everywhere.