Chap. 2

It's been around a week since j.one and I started talking. With each day that passes, we get closer through the stories we tell eachother, but not close enough personally. We don't even know each other's names. I've been meaning to ask him about it anyways.

I would ask him right now, but I'm not at home. Zuri and I are at the arcade, just as we planned, surprisingly.

"(Y/N)! Let's go to this one," Zuri called. I walk over to her and see a zombie shooting game.

Sometimes, she knows me too well. Every time I would go to an arcade, I'd waste all my time and money on these type of games.

We slide our cards and press start. The introduction and back story of the game went on the screen of the booth. While the main character was talking, zombies broke down through the door, ending the the cut scene.

As soon as we start shooting, the guns in our hands start vibrating, mimicking the movement of a real one. Once the level was cleared, our new mission was to save our friends on the other side of a zombie hord. Then the guns start moving again, but this time there were too many of them. I glanced at Zuri's screen and noticed that she died.

"Damn it!" She exclaimed while dropping the gun in frustration, "I have no credits left to revive myself. It's all on you now, (Y/N)."

I sigh and chuckle, knowing that all the pressure is resting on my shoulders. Soon, zombies were coming at me from every corner. With the amount of skill I have, I made it through with just enough health as Zuri cheered, more like yell.

"Wow, (Y/N)! I didn't know you were this good." Zuri said in between the cut scene.

"Me neither," I say before laughing, "I only have enough credits to revive myself one more time. Do you wanna go to a different game?"

"Nah, let's stay here and use up your last revive. It's fun watching you play anyways" she said and giggled. I nod in response and continue playing.

In the end, this level was too difficult, ending my last life. We get out of the booth to see that there were a few people standing outside. I assumed that it was people waiting for us to finish, so I apologized, knowing that we took too long.

"Oh no, no! We were just watching you play from here. You were doing great!" One guy explained in an accent while the rest agreed. He was quite tall, taller then me and Zuri, that's for sure. He had brown hair which also matched his eyes, and pink, plump lips on his tan skin.

I looked shocked at his response. I didn't really think I was that great in the game. "Thank you all so much! I thought you guys were just waiting for me to finish." I awkwardly said. The crowd then started to take off, continuing on with their day, leaving the boy behind.

"Aren't you going, too?" I asked him.

"Uhh," he said while scratching his head, "actually, I'm new here and my parents told me to go out for a bit while they settle some things out. So I came to the arcade and saw you play."

"Well you can crash with us if you want. The more the merrier!" Zuri said with a smile. I nodded in agreement. "I'm Zuri and this is (Y/N)" She pointed to me and I waved.

"I'm Felix. Nice to meet you guys." he uttered with a sweet smile. "What game are you guys playing next?"

"Oh, we were actually about to leave 'cause we ran out of credits, but that wouldn't be nice after meeting you," I reply, "but I think I have a bit of cash left to spend. I was gonna use them on food, but I'm not really hungry right now."

"Same here." Zuri muttered.

"Really? You would do that?" he asked. We nodded in response. "Then I guess I'll have to treat you guys later!"