Chapter 12: Tragic Past

Hi

That one greeting could mean anything to anyone. Whether it's the tone of voice used, or just the simplicity of the word.

I've decided I don't like that word. It's too short, too overly used, too...... Original. I'm not original, so why should I use original words? Why do I always over think things? Especially with the word hi?

Who wouldn't over think every word they say, when they're talking to an Uchiha prodigy? Even me, a girl who rejects attention addicts and any hot guy who gets girls? Why is it so difficult for me to wrap my head around who I'm talking to?

"Hi." I say bluntly, while biting my nails.

"Hi." He says back.

Really? Now what am I supposed to say?! He is really not making this easier.

"Listen, I uhh-I think we should forget everything." I sigh, and brush my fingers through my hair, making strands of pink fall slowly down my head.

"Forget?"

"Yes, forget."

I tap my foot on the ground, waiting for an answer. He takes so long to respond to simple things. People like that irritate me.

"Okay." Sasuke says with no emotion within his voice.

"Yeah ummm okay." I answer, almost sweating from the awkwardness.

"Yeah...." Sasuke says quietly.

"Okay, I know we have a project to do, so just give me a time and place where we can set it up." I respond so fast, I'm praying he heard every word.

"I don't know yet. I need to research more." Sasuke says.

"Yeah, so do I. I guess we will figure it out later."

"Okay."

Then the line goes dead. I look at my phone, and it went back to the home screen, meaning he hung up on me. I open my mouth, shocked, and I throw my phone on my bed, and flop myself down with it. Staring at my white ceiling, I think about how much I learned about him. Even though we are complete opposites in the social world, we some how connected through the internet world. How is that even possible?

The click of a door alerts me, and before I could even remember Mom was gone, my door bursts open.

"There's my girl! How was your date?!" Mom asks, with a little too much excitement in her voice.

"Mom, I have told you a million times to knock before coming in." I say, as I keep staring up at the ceiling.

"Forget that. How was your date? Who's the mystery boy?" She asked, as she sat on the side of my bed.

I put a pillow over my face, and almost spilled tears. Mom sighed, and gripped the pillow.

"Alright, what happened?" She asks, as she takes the pillow off my face, "He stood you up, didn't he?"

"No Mom." I answer, sitting up, and sitting next to her, "I met him."

"Alright, then who was he, and why do you sound dissappointed?"

"Well, it was Sasuke Uchiha." I answer.

"Ooooooh! I remember when I had a crush on his Father when I was your age." She says getting excited.

"Oh gosh." I answer, face palming myself.

"Oh yes, but it's a shame he died." Mom says, sounding upset and dissappointed.

"What?" My expression is obviously suprised.

"Oh yeah, his Mother and Father died about six or seven years ago from a plane crash." Mom explains.

I cover my mouth with my hand, and am completely shocked.

"So, I want to know what happened." Mom says, obviously trying to change to a subject other than tragic deaths.

"I don't even know what happened. He just looked.... Dissappointed." I say sadly.

"Were you?" Mom asks.

 "Not exactly. I was shocked, but felt special at the same time in a way. He's never had a girlfriend I don't think."

"Honey, I know a lot about the Uchihas. Your Father worked with them at one point."

"Really? What for?" I ask.

"Just for little things. Your Father just wanted some software from them for Haruno Web Designs." She explains.

"So they had a Software company?" I ask.

"Oh yes, it was quite successful too. But sadly, it went downhill when Mr and Mrs. Uchiha died."

"No wonder." I chuckle, "Sasuke told me on Facebook he wanted to be a software engineer."

"He's trying to follow in his family's footsteps, as are you." I look up at my Mother, and I see what she's getting to.

"Sasuke Uchiha may have a different click in school, or a different personality than you, but you both have the same goals. You see dear, people do connect in different ways, and you two may have connected through computers, if that makes any sense at all." Mom says.

"Yeah, but he's just so different when we talked, than when we're at school. He's so complicated." I say, as I fall back on my bed, and cover my face with my hands.

"Boys are complicated, as was your father," Mom chuckles, "Sasuke is obviously a very distant boy. He has a troubled past, and probably doesn't like a lot of attention. I'm sure when he talked to you, he felt like he needed to be open with someone, even if he didn't know who you were. It's probably really hard for a boy of seventeen to have that kind of a past, and have to face it alone. Maybe if you give him a chance, he'll be more open towards you."

"It's kinda too late now, because I told him we shouldn't talk anymore." I say, staring at the ceiling, once again.

"If you guys really connected on this Book of Faces website or whatever it's called, he'll probably want to talk to you. Just be patient."

I giggle, and sit up, and look at her, "It's called FaceBook, and I have no patience."

"Too bad, because it's time you try." She says, standing up, and opening her arms out to me.

I gladly accept, and hug her tightly. She rubs my back, and I close my eyes.

"Thanks." I say quietly.

"That's what I'm here for, now get to bed." She says strictly out of no where.

And responsible mother it is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter wasn't all that exciting, but I'm sure it will get better as the story moves along.

UNEDITED!

Ta Ta ;D

~Kit_Katzzz