Chapter 1: Lost Cause

Streaming the web, is my specialty. When I'm bored, I go on the web. When I'm sad, I go on the web. Hell, when I'm hungry, I go on the web! It's enjoyable and entertaining. I don't even care if it affects my vision, it's a hobby of mine. What can I say, I'm an internet dork. As long as it pleases me, I could care less about anyone's opinion.

Going to school is like a bad habit. I can simply run away from school, but I still continue to deal with it. I hate to say it, but school is not my number one priority in life. I want to do web design when I grow up, and I can't get any education in that at school. My grades are the worst they can be, and I'm a complete outcast at school. The only person I have as a friend, is my best friend Kiba.

He's as dorky as a dork can get. Kiba doesn't even bother to listen to any of the teachers. He already has a zillion office referrals in his permanent record. Not to mention, he gets bullied quite a bit, simply because he wears glasses. I think he looks great in them. As for the others, in their eyes, he's a total joke with those lenses. I always stand up for him no matter what though.

I'm not popular. I will never be popular. I have no desire to become popular. I don't follow all the popular kids around, and try to be exactly like them. I'm more independent than that. Unfortunately, I'm invisible. Even with my unique pink hair, I'm still unnoticed by everyone. You would think with my bright, unusual pink hair, I would at least be stared at like a fool. But no, that never happens. You could say, I'm a lost cause.

.....

"Sakura!" I heard my best friend scream in my ear.

I cringed at his squeaky voice in my ear, and put my hand on his face, and pushed him away.

"Stop screaming, Kiba. It annoys the hell outta me."

"Sorry, but check this out!" He says pushing his glasses to his face, and getting out his mini laptop.

Yeah, we use laptops for school. What can I say, our school has a great budget.

Once he has out his laptop, he opens the top, and turns it on. He takes a while to log on to whatever it is he is doing, and he shows me the screen.

"I finally got a Facebook!" Kiba announces.

"Wow, amazing." I say sarcastically.

"No, look!" He said pushing the laptop closer to my face, "I got three likes in two minutes on this picture!"

I look at the picture, and my eyes bulge out of my eye sockets.

"Well no duh, Kiba, you're hot in this picture!" I yell, and take the laptop out of his hands.

"The girls just can't resist." He smirks.

"Holy shit, Kiba. A six-pack!?" I ask staring at his torso.

"Uh-huh," He says nodding his head, "You should make one."

"You mean a Facebook?" I ask.

"Yes, a Facebook," Kiba replies rolling his eyes, and grabbing the laptop from my hands, "You'd finally get noticed!"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"You're pretty! Most girl's beauty gets recognized on the internet."

"I don't know....." I answer scratching my arm.

The bell rings, and Kiba looks at me quickly.

"Just think about it. See ya later Sakura!" He bids farewell, waves, and runs down the hall like a lunatic.

.......

"And the circumference of this circle equals......" Kurenai-Sensei began.

I place my cheek lazily on my hand, and twirl my pencil in circles around the desk. My mouth is opened a bit, and I already know drool is going to spill from boredom.

"Haruno?"

I snap out of my trance, and perk up in my seat.

"What's the circumference?" She asks staring at me, as does the class. Surprise, surprise, I get noticed.

"Uhhhhh, 3.14?" I ask, hoping that's the answer.

The class laughs, and I already know I was wrong.

"No, that's pi." Sensei corrects, "Anyone else?"

I slouch in defeat, and lean back against my chair. I hate this hell hole. It's so useless for my future career. The bell alerts me, and I try to file out of the room. Luckily, it was the last period of the day, so I can finally go home. I speed walk to the door, until my plans are rudely interrupted.

"Haruno."

I turn, and Sensei is sitting at her desk, writing, and not even looking at me.

"Sit." She demands.

I do as told, and she looks up at me.

"You're failing my class." She informs.

I don't say a word, and I could already tell she was bothered by my silence.

"Do you have anything you would like to say?"

I shake my head, and she rolls her eyes.

"Give this to your parents." She says handing me a piece of paper.

"What's this?" I ask.

"A notice for your parents. It says you're failing my class. Make sure they sign it, and bring it back tomorrow." She says.

I walk out, and hold the paper to my side. My shoulder bag is about ready to fall off my shoulder, and I pull it back in place, and walk lazily down the hall. Once I get outside, I get bumped....... Really hard. My bag falls, and I bend down to pick it up. Luckily, my books didn't fall out. I look up, and I find Sasuke Uchiha walking away from me. He slightly turns his head, but then turns back to his motorcycle. Dumb rich kid. I get up, and start towards the street signs. Before I could even take five steps, Sasuke's motorcycle roars, and he speeds away. Not before splashing a puddle of mud all over me, with his stupid motorcycle. Stupid rain from the night before.

Laughs begin to fill my ears, and I walk away from the scene. I have no car, so I have to walk three blocks home. It's not amusing. It's a pain in the ass, is what it is. Once I get home, I enter my house with mud all over my body. My shoes squish at the mud in my socks, and I lazily walk across the living room.

"Sakura, is that you?" My mother asks poking her head out of the kitchen.

"Yeah, Mom. It's me."

She walks out of the kitchen, and looks at me.

"What happened to you?" She asks in a concerned tone.

"Nothing, Mom." I answer walking into the kitchen.

"Nothing?! Look at you, you're covered in mud!"

"I know, Mom." I answer irritated.

"No, don't go in my kitchen like that! Clean up, now!" She demands.

Here's something you should know, before my father died, we were wealthy. He owned a web design company, and it became a very successful business. Sadly, he ended his life, on his own. I was crushed by it, and I still am. He ended his own life, and for what? After that, he gave my mom his whole will, and left me with a bit of money for college. His death is the reason I want to do web design. Now, my mom and I live in a very nice house. It's pretty much a mansion.

My life isn't as amazing as it seems.