A Crash Course In Why My Parents Are Insane

Start from the beginning

A cold sweat begins to creep down my back. If she sees through me, well let's just say, I'll give my heart to God because my ass is hers.

I shudder at the thought but quickly regain my composure. "I didn't mean to get home so late, I'm really sorry." Speaking of late. My eyes flicker to the clock hanging next to the giant 48in plasma on the wall.

6:30 that's not too bad. "Besides," I say, trying to defend myself. "I'm eighteen today. I'm old enough to have a few hours to myself."

My mom's eyes soften a little at my words. "That's not the point." She sighs. "I just wished you would have called to let me know you were going to be late."

A twinge of guilt bites at me and I downcast my eyes. She's right, I was so worried about myself I forgot everyone else's feelings.

I stuff my hands in my pockets, fingering the phone inside.

"Also," My mother continues with a much softer tone. "there's a party tonight and your father wants you to come."

"Party?" I fix my eyes on her, the shock clear in my voice. Mom nods.

"Yes, that's what he's calling it at least, though, I think it's going to be more of a hostile get together."

"Why?"

"Well, because the Black Forest pack is coming." She says, grimacing as she said their name.

A thousand things run through my head and I scream internally. Banshees would've been proud. I just can't catch a break today can I?

If the Black Forest pack is coming, Wilfred is coming, and if Wilfred is coming, I have to be anywhere else.

"Mom, do I have to go?" I ask trying desperately to communicate with my eyes as I plead.

"Yes you do." She answers firmly clearly telling me this was not up for discussion.

I ignore it though as my stubborn nature refuses to let me go down without a fight.

"Oh come on, what possible reason do I have for going? Matthew's going to be the next alpha, not me and if the Black Forest pack is coming that obviously means that it's a cover for a meeting between the alphas!" I say.

Her eyes fix on me again and she glares.

"You can't weasel your way out of this! You're coming, end of discussion! Your father said the same." Telling me her unspoken words, she turns on heel and walks away, stopping only once in the doorway that leads to the dining room.

Without turning around, she speaks. "The party starts at eight so be ready to go by seven thirty. I left the dress I want you to wear on your bed and I suggest you go before your dad finds you because he was searching for you too and he didn't look happy."

With that, she disappears into the dining room, leaving me standing alone. Damn it! Why?

I usually don't have to go to these stupid events, why today of all days does that have to change?

I squeeze my eyes shut and furrow my brow in frustration. A low feral growl slips through my clenched teeth.

There's no point in arguing, that will only make things worse. All I can do is suffer through.

This in mind, I stomp upstairs, growling and mumbling under my breath the whole time.

I make my way down to the very end of the hall, throw my bedroom door open, and walk in.

When my door is closed I release all of my bent up frustration out in a loud scream. After my little temper tantrum my eyes fall on my bed. Laying lazily on top of my comforter, is white dress.