A Crash Course In Why My Parents Are Insane

You remember me saying how I was tired and how when I got home I was going to lie down and relax?

Boy was I wrong.

The second I opened the door to pack house, my head practically exploded. Literally, since I am so close to all of the pack members the connection between us got a lot stronger.

It's like everyone in the house is trying to mind link me at once, each telling me different things.

Ever seen those shows where some famous dude is surrounded by reporters shouting questions at him all at once? That's pretty much what it's like accept amplified to where everyone is shouting directly into your ear.

It all happens so fast I can only catch tid bits of what their saying. Choruses of 'Run girl run!' and 'God help you's' ring through my head along with some other prayers and warnings I can't quite make out.

My head feels like it's about to freakin' blow.

Just as I'm about to go kill me some werewolves, all the voice stop. Great, the weirdness continues.

"Okay, what the hell is going on here?" I look around in confusion as I make my way further into the living room.

It's deathly quiet, the only sound being my own words bouncing from wall to wall. What was that all about?

All of a sudden, loud thumping noises reach my ears. It's coming from upstairs; whoever it is races through the hall and down the stairs.

The second they turn the corner my brain finally pieces everything together.

There, standing at the bottom of the stairs, is my mom with a very scary face. You know, the kind of look you get after talking back that says 'I'm gonna bitch-slap you!'

"Where the HELL have you been!" She screams, getting straight to the yelling. Now I'm starting to see where I get my charm from. "I've been worried sick about you! I can't reach you, you don't call, and your brother's useless in these situations!"

A hurt 'hey' floats down the stairs at her comment that can only be from Matthew. This reminds me that the whole house is probably listening in on us.

Despite this, she starts walking towards me, not caring about the fact in the slightest.

In retrospect, I probably should have seen this coming. Shitty day I've been having I'm lucky an asteroid doesn't come down and strike me dead.

"Well what's your excuse?" Her tone is calmer, but a thousand times more frightening, as she looks up at me, crossing her arms.

Times like these are when I really notice our height difference. It's fun to tease her about but I resist the urge, seeing as she's looking at me like I spit on a hobo and kicked a puppy all in the same hour.

I opened my mouth, speaking slowly and choosing my words carefully. "I'm sorry to have worried you." So far so good, now what do I tell her happened? Can't tell her the truth.

'Not much really, just got found and rejected by my mate then ran off in the middle of school to a secret meadow I never told you about to be alone only to be found by my science partner who followed me. Oh yeah! Did I mention that my mate is alpha of the Black Forest pack, our strongest and most hated enemy while my science partner, the one who found and walked me home is his beta? You know, the ush'.'

Right, if I tell her that she'll have a cow. No, scratch that, she'll have the whole friggen farm.

Groaning internally, I meet her steely gaze. "I wasn't feeling well so I went for a run to cool my head, my phone must've died at some point." Lie. I just turned it off.