Chapter 1: A new change

Start from the beginning

"Blunt the knives, bend the forks!" Then Fili

"Smash the bottles and burn the corks!" Then all of them

"Chip the glasses and crack the plates.....THATS WHAT BILBO BAGGINS HATES!"

I watched them all sing and throw dishes around from my spot on the floor. I was laughing so hard I could hardly breath. They where all finished and I wandered into the dining room to see all the dishes perfectly clean and stacked. All the dwarves where laughing at Bilbos face of pure shock. I giggled along with them until we heard three heavy knocks on the door. All the dwarves crowded the entree way to see who it was, well...I didn't know who it was. I got stuck at the back of the group though. Suddenly I felt a hand reach through and grab my own. I was pulled through the crowd of dwarves by Kili who smiled down at me. I thanked him for letting me stand at the front with him. The door opened and I saw another dwarf. He was taller than the others, except Mr. Dwalin. He had black hair with small streaks of grey and a black bears with a small braid in it. He had piercing blue eyes and I honestly felt a little scared of him but I couldn't help but be interested. "Gandalf..." He said. Oh my his voice is deep...now I'm more scared. "I thought you said this place would be easy to find, I lost my way twice. I wouldn't have found it at all if not for that mark on the door." He said. "There's no mark on that door it was painted a week ago!" Mr. Baggins yelled. "There is a mark I put it there myself. Bilbo I would like you to meet the leader of our company. Thorin Oakenshield." Thorin started to circle Mr. Baggins. "Tell me Mr. Baggins have you done much fighting?" He asked. "What??" Mr. Baggins asked. "Axe or sword? What is your weapon of choice?" Thorin asked. "Well...I have some skill at conkers, if you must know...but I fail to see...why that's relevant." Mr. Baggins said. "Thought as much. Seems more like a grocer than a burglar to me." Thorin said making all the dwarves laugh. "Hey! That's not very nice..." I said then immediately regretted it when Thorin looked at me. "And who are you?" He said coming closer to me. He towered over me. "I'm...uh....I'm....I... I don't know" I couldn't form anywords. Suddenly I heard Kili speak up. "This is Katiea. She's Bilbos neighbor." I nodded agreeing never taking my eyes off of Thorin. "Well what about you? Do you fight? Or do you not know the answer to that ether?" The dwarves laughed at me and I felt horrible and embaressed. "Actually....I do..." I said quietly. "What do you fight with?" Thorin asked giving me a look of doubt. "I-I can use a sword fairly well and I can use knives...and I'm currently teaching myself how to use a bow and arrow." Thorin looked away from me to Gandalf. "Why is she here? She's nothing but a weak child." Now I'm mad. "HEY! Just because I'm younger than you doesn't mean I'm weaker." Thorin turned and looked at me in amusement. "So your saying your stronger than me?" I looked away trying to think of an answer. "W-well...maybe....how would you know." I was suddenly lifted off the ground by my shirt and slammed into the wall harshly, his knuckles pressing into my collarbones. "Well! If your stronger than me then get yourself out of this." I kicked and flailed but it was obvious he was thousands times stronger than me. I felt tears threatening to spill. "Of course I'm not stronger than you!!!! What where you expecting?!?! Please!!!! Put me down!!" I yelled before I was gently set back on the ground. I felt tears stream down my face. "I'm sorry..." I whispered loud enough for him to hear. I could feel him looking at me but I kept my eyes on the ground. "I'm hungry." He said before he left the room. Bilbo stormed after Gandalf. The dwarves followed Thorin but Fili and Kili however stayed with me. "Hey....you alright?" Fili asked placing a hand on my back. I nodded and felt my collarbones and winced...like they weren't bruised enough already. "Does it hurt?" Kili asked. I nodded again, "I'm sorry....I don't know why I said that to him...he's scary...I wasn't even thinking" I said looking at Kili. He shook his head. "He stepped way out of line with what he did in my opinion." Fili nodded agreeing with his brother. "Yeah, but he's not a bad guy Katiea...he's been through a lot and he's here for a very important reason." I nodded and the brothers stood up, each holding a hand out to me. I took them both and pulled myself up. "Katiea? Would you come here for a moment." Gandalf said peeking his head out of a doorway. I nodded and turned thanking Kili and Fili again before leaving.