01

a gunshot tore through the target just barely grazing the red bullseye.

"do you see that? thats my son!" slurred mr. jeon after pouring yet another shot of soju.  pride was painted over his face as everyone cheered for jungkook.

"come on areum, what are you waiting for? are you nervous or something?" jungkook licked his lips attempting to distract the girl.

jungkook gave a cheeky smile then glancing at areum from the corner of his eye in hopes she was impressed by his achievement. but areum was focused, her gaze was fixed on the bullseye. her arms hugged the rifle and fingers finally pulled the trigger.

another boom echoed through the building as areum's bullets tore through the air.

jungkook blinked to look at the target his heart was beating louder than the gunshots. areum had shot two bullseyes and a nine pointer. not even flinching as her fingers grazed away from the trigger.

she fluttered her eyes to jungkook's glaring at him as if she was mocking him. she blew back the strand of hair in front of her face. jungkook tried to conceal his humiliation but failed, it was clear how offended he seemed. none the less he still gave her a half hearted smile.

all the boys hollered and gathered around areum. she laughed and rolled her eyes sheepishly.

just then jungkook's whole world seemed to have stopped.

this happened often when she laughed, like she was the only on in the room. she was his weakness. all these years that have passed he's admired her.

the way she always kept her head up never failed an order, he's seen her do everything. steal, kidnap, fight. he's even seen her murder. but to them this was a normal part of life, it was the only thing they knew.

he was torn out of his daydream when a boy threw his arm over her shoulder. his tongue pressed against cheek as his eyes faltered low and found his men. he didn't like when other guys would flirt with her, it made him weak.

"yah, fetch me some blunt." jungkook ordered.

"yes boss."

areum noticed Jungkook's eyes hanging low as he scratched the back of his head nervously.

"that wimps' really sulking huh," a guy joked.

"he looks like a lost puppy." Areum chuckled.

a worker appeared handing jungkook some cigars.

"I swear he lives on that shit, it's the only thing I see him whiff." another muttered.

"He's Jeon's boy, what do you except? i feel bad sometimes, the poor kid has so much pressure." areum acknowledged.

"always good but never enough." someone added.

her eyes lit up when she saw a familiar short orange haired boy appear in front of jungkook. she was always confused to how such a sweet boy like jimin could be friends with such a jerk. she silently walked towards the two, since jimin was faced away from her she decided to make some fun out of it. she leaped onto him grabbing his shoulders and assisting herself into a piggyback ride.

"y-yah, areum what the hell?" jimin was serious but hearing areum laugh ignited his own. he gripped her legs to secure her on his back.

"the real question is, what are you doing here?" areum asked.

"i came to support my friends." jimin smiled his with bright cheeks making areum's heart flutter in her chest. she turned her head slightly thinking about how his orange locks made him look like a tangerine. she gave out a small laugh at the thought.