Chapter 4~ Step by Step

Kei's (Alex) P.O.V

     Hannah's blood is going to be a prize worth waiting for. With my hands in control of a quinque, with one swipe (or several) - I would split open Hannah's skin and let all of her precious blood spill. Oh! A wondrous sight that would be! Drop by drop, the blood would leave her body and slowly kill her - just like how she kill my friends! Her days are limited and it will be glorious to watch the life dwindle from her eyes.

     " Hey Kei why do you have such a creepy smile on your face?" Juuzou asked knocking me out of my fantasy.

     " Just thinking about a future plan of mine" I responded.

     " And that is?" He sounded excited.

     " My lunch that is waiting for me to consume it." I looked over at him with a closed eye smile.

     " What type of lunch?!" He sounded excited, " Anything worth sharing?"

     "Mmmh depends, what's in it for me?" I half-cocked smirked at him.

     He then frowned but suddenly lights up with whats probably an idea. He spins around quickly, and then suddenly he is holding a picture of a poorly drawn. . . Cookie? Purple Herpes? Maybe a moldy eggplant?

     " Taaaaddaaaa!" He shouts in glee holding the picture with sparkles appearing out of nowhere around him.

     Weird.

     " What is it?" I questioned.

    " It's a giraffe silly, " He smiled," And it is the most beautiful drawn giraffe anyone has ever seen. So it's worth a lot."

    His ego kinda reminds me of. . .

    I smile fondly at him," Sure I'll accept this as payment for lunch."

    His face lit up with joy," Really?! Ok, what's for lunch!?"

    I open my satchel and pull out a paper bag that contains my lunch. I put down the paper bag and then reached back inside of the backpack to pull out napkins. I lay down napkins to make a table cloth of sorts and lay the contents of my lunch on top of it. Juuzou is watching as I did this and his expression of joy fell as soon as he saw my lunch.

     " What," I asked him.

     " It's spicy chicken. . ." He pouts.

     " Well you wanted it," I said.

     " B-b-b-but why does it have to be spicy!" He pouted harder.

     " When something burns you, you know you are still alive enough to feel. . ." deeper and deeper I go, back to those previous thoughs. Hannah. That traitor.

   " You are pretty creepy you know," Juuzuo said.

   I smiled and picked up some of my/Juuzou lunch and enjoyed the little piece of heaven I call food.

   " This is sooooo much spice," Juuzuo complained as he took another bite.

    " Mmmmhh," I said," That's were you are wrong this isn't enough spiciness ."

   " Your food palette is terrible ya know," Juuzou took another bite.

   " Then why are you still eating it then?" I raised an eyebrow.

   " Cause I traded my beautifully drawn giraffe for this meal," He turned his nose up at me," You dont understand, that giraffe could have been sold/traded to anyone for a tasty meal but I chose yours. Feel honored."

  " Of course, I feel deeply honored," I said with a sarcastic voice.

   " Glad you agree," oblivious to the sarcasm and took another bite of the meal.

   I rolled my eyes and continued the meal, hoping that we don't continue to talk.

  Just like I hoped we contined to eat in silence other than the sound of Juuzou's loud munching.

  " Ahhhh what a good meal," I rejoiced at my skills in the kitchen.

   I looked over and noticed that he was panting.

   " You didn't like it?" I questioned him.

   " O-of course I like it," He put on a smile that seem to fake.

   " Ok Ill take your word on it but words of the wise, work on your lying face."

   Juuzuo sputtered out in surprise," B-b-ut I ummm that. . ."

    I smiled at him and started to pack up the meal. I place everything back where I got them and stood up.

   Picking everything up I glance over my shoulder and smirk at him," Come on partner lets go back to work"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   So the parts finally out and its just over 700 words. I feel bad for you guys waiting this longfor such a short part but what ever.

   Love the Queen of Unicorn😄😘