Chapter 14

My momma's in a comma. They say it don't look like she's gonna make it. I'm not pulling the plug. There's still a possibility that she will make it and I know she will.

I'm on my way to King's grave to say goodbye just in case I don't make it to see another day. I already said goodbye to my momma.

I'm not about to sit on my ass and wait for the police. My baby and momma gone get justice, street justice. I'm taking matters into my own hands.

...

"Baby momma might come and join you. I gotta find out who did this to you and momma, I got to and I will. I promise. I love you King and I might see you soon." I wiped my face then put the flowers down.

...

I just pulled up to the strip club with a few stacks.

My old boss can find shit out.

I just wish I came to him earlier

I just wish I came to him earlier. Maybe my momma wouldn't be where she is now.

I got out of my car closing the door behind me. I walked to the door and talked to the bouncer. We cool or what ever so he let me in. I went to the back where my old boss be. I walked into his office without knocking closing the door behind myself. "You don't know how to knock?", he asked. I dumped the money out on his desk then leaned on it.

"I need to know who killed my son, who shot my momma, and where they are.", I said.

"What makes you think-"

"Dee don't fuckin' play with me I'm not in the mood. I buried my son two weeks ago and I might have to bury my momma. I'm gone tell you what I need to know one more time. You don't answer me, imma bust a cap in yo' ass." He started laughing. I pulled my gun out of my pants and cocked it then put it to his head. He stopped laughing. "You think I'm playin'? You know me Dee. I don't play about my money and I for damn sure don't play about my family. Speak up mothafucka."

"Nicki I can't.", he said.

"5.", I said.

"You don't understand."

"4."

"Nicole if I tell you what I know I could die. I got a little girl and a family. I can't have shit happen to them or me.", he said.

"3.", I said.

"Please don't do this."

"2."

"Nicole don't do this.", he said.

"1.", I said. Once I was about to pull the trigger he stopped me.

"Okay! Okay! Okay! You just, you, made somebody mad, real mad. Theo said that he wanted you with him and not the other dude. He didn't tell me who. He was too scared to. Who ever behind this shit got niggas shook includin' me and Theo. You know it take a lot to make me and Theo scared but Nicole we scared." It's either Sean or Treshawn. "That's all I know." He think I'm stupid. Fuck it. I got enough information from him. I pulled the trigger then wiped my face. God forgive me. I put my gun in my pants then left.

...

I banged on Theo's door.

He opened the door a few seconds later

He opened the door a few seconds later. "Nicki?", he asked. I walked in pushing past him.

"Daddy who's at the door?", his daughter asked.

"Baby girl go upstairs." She left. "Why you bangin' on my door like that? What up baby?", he asked rubbing my cheek. "You need some of daddy meat again?", he asked walking up on me. I pushed him. Theo is Treshawn's friend and we fucked. I still feel horrible about it even though it wasn't my fault. He got me drunk as fuck, and I mean drunk, then we had sex.

"Who did it?", I asked.

"Who did what?"

"You know what the fuck in talkin' about Theo don't fuckin' play with me!" He just looked at me.

"I knew you would come about that eventually. I can't tell you, I got a little girl to think about.", he said. I pulled out my gun and pointed it at him. He smiled and I cocked it.

"Try me. Dee did the same shit before I blew his brains out." His smile dropped. "Like you said you do have a little girl to worry about. Who killed my son and who shot my momma?", I asked. He didn't say anything. "I'll kill you then I'll kill her. Speak."

"You wouldn't."

"I had to bury my son, you think I give a fuck about a kid's life right now? I don't. I don't care about hers, yours, or mine. Speak. 5. 4. 3. 2."

"Treshawn. Treshawn killed King and tried to kill yo' momma." He killed his own son? What's left of my heart dropped. His own son. My baby. "He was so mad about you bein' with dude. He wanted to make it look dude did it so you would stop talkin' to him and go back to Trey. I'm sorry." I slowly put the gun down. I turned around and started walking to the door. "Nicki promise me somethin'." I looked at him. "Make sure my little girl is always good after they kill me."

"I promise."