Chapter 13

My baby been gone for a week now. His birthday is tomorrow. This shit hurts. He would've been two.

As I walked to King's grave I saw somebody there with their hand over their face crying with flowers in their other hand. Is that Sean? As I got closer I saw that it was him. Why is he here? Why is he crying? Maybe he feels guilty. Maybe it wasn't him. I don't know. I got a little closer and stood there.

He wiped his face and started talking with a crack in his voice. "Man ion know who did this shit and ion know why but I promise you imma find out and kill them. You didn't deserve this little man. I know yo' momma hurtin', I know she is. I wish I could be there for her. Do me a favor and look over my little girl Promise. You a month older than her. She was just like you little man, just like you. I saw so much of her in you, maybe that's why it hurt so much. I got justice for her and imma get justice for you. I promise. Imma see you later little man. I love you.", he said before sniffing and wiping his face. He put the flowers down and took a few steps back before turning around. We just looked at each other. "I'm sorry for comin', I just had yo see him." I didn't say anything. He walked to me and kissed my head. It's taking everything in me not to embrace him but I can't. "Imma find out who did this and imma kill them." He looked at me for a few seconds then walked away.

At this point in saying fuck him and Treshawn. Yes I'm calling him by his government now.

...

While I was looking for a job I got a phone call. I don't recognize the number. I answered.

Me:Hello?
Unknown:Hey Nicole.

Who is this?

Me:Who is this?
Unknown:Don't worry about it beautiful. Just know you fucked up. Now someone else you know is gone.

He laughed.

Me:What are you talkin' about?
Unknown:A little advice, bury yo' momma next to that son of yours.

What? The phone hung up before I could say anything. I quickly called my momma as I put on some shoes.

I look a got mess right now but I don't care. I gotta make sure my momma good.

She answered after the third ring.

Momma:Hey baby.

Good she's okay.

Me:Momma-
Momma:Hold on somebody's at the door.
Me:Dont answer it momma!
Momma:Why are you here? Nicki don't want anything to do with you and neither do I. I don't care that-

I heard a gun shot then a loud thud. The phone hung up.  I ran out of my room. "I'll be back!", I said to Michael.

...

When I pulled up to my momma's house I saw the police and ambulance there. I ran to them as the rolled my momma down the stairs. "Momma who was it?", I asked stopping them.

"It was-" Her eyes closed.

"Ma'am we have to go.", they said pushing her. Who is doing this to my family? Who is doing this to me? The two people I love the most are gone and hurt. Why me?