Chapter 10

I went to King's room to check on him but I didn't see him. The window is open and my baby is gone.

Oh my God. Somebody got my baby! He didn't cry or nothing.

I ran to my room, got my phone, and called the police.

...

"I was in my room then I decided to go check on him. When I went to his room I didn't see him and I saw that his window was open. After I called the police I looked around the whole house.", I said for the fifth time to an officer. Before he could say anything I heard Trey yelling. I ran to the door. He's trying to get though but an officer won't let him. "He's the dad!", I shouted. He looked at me then back at Trey then moved aside. I ran to Trey and hugged him as he walked to me.

"What the fuck is goin' on?", Trey asked not letting me go.

"Somebody got him Trey." He let me go and looked at me.

"What?!" I shook my head up and down. He ran in the house and I followed him. I followed him to King's room. He started looking around. "He in here somewhere."

"Trey we looked. He's gone.", I said as I cried.

"They sent a amber alert to my phone but I didn't know it was for him! Ion know what imma do.", Trey said dropping to his knees. He put his face in his hands and cried. I went and sat next to him. I laid on him. He wrapped his arms around me as we cried. "We gone find him. I don't care if it's the last thing I do."

...

I'm sitting here with my family, Trey, and Sean. We're holding hands as my momma prayed.

They found a kids body. It's not my baby. I already know.

When she stopped we looked up. I kept holding Trey's and my momma's hands.

As I laid on my momma's shoulder a detective and an officer walked in. The officer took his hat off. "It was King. The body we found was King's."

_____________________

Who do y'all think did it? Why didn't King cry?