Chapter 7

"Yeah I told them where you stay at. They wanted to apologize.", my momma said. I huffed and rolled my eyes.

"Momma 2 dudes came here, they sent them. They knew my name and shit. We could've died momma.", I said.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know." I put my hand on hers.

"Momma it's okay, just don't tell nobody else my business." After I said that the door opened then Sean walked in holding King.

"Hey momma, hey Nicki.", Sean said.

"Hey.", we said. "Is he sleep?", I asked.

"No, he actin' like it though."

"You wanna eat eat King?" King sat up.

"Eat eat.", King said.

"Boy you just ate. Yo' food and my food.", Sean said. King farted and made a face then smiled. He just pooped. I rolled my eyes.

"Really King? I'll be back momma.", I said about to stand up.

"I got it. You and momma can keep talkin'.", Sean said.

"You-"

"Yes I'm sure. I got it." He walked to the back. I shrugged my shoulders.

"You betta snatch him up before another girl do.", my momma said. She's right but not now.

"Not now momma, not now." We started talking about my birthday. I'm about to be 24 baby!

"Me and King gone fight.", we heard Sean say. We looked in his direction. He had a diaper in his hand and his shirt was wet. I smiled and shook my head left and right.

"You gotta fight me first.", I said.

"What's good?"

"You touch my baby you gotta fight me too, and her cousin Michael.", my momma said. I looked at her confused.

"Ma you gone do me like that?", he asked.

"Yes sir.", she said. Sean smacked his lips then went to the kitchen.

"Michael out of town.", I said.

"He didn't tell you that he was moving up here?" I smiled.

"Oh my God he is?!" I love Michael. That's my favorite cousin. I don't know why he didn't tell me.

"Yeah, he should be here tomorrow.", she said. I smiled harder. I can't wait to see my cousin.

...

"What you doin' for yo' birthday?", Sean asked.

"I don't know yet.", I said.

"It's less than two weeks away so you better decide."

"I know. I will." While we were talking my bell rung. "Who is it?", I asked as I walked to the door.

"Unique, Cookie, and Latoya.", I heard my cousin Unique say. I swung the door open.

Yes Cookie is her real name. Her momma was on some other shit when she named her

"Why are y'all here?", I asked.

"We wanted to apologize and put the past behind us.", Unique said.

", Unique said