Chapter 11

Those words keep repeating in my head. My baby is gone.

I'm on my bed crying. I can't get the picture of my baby laying there lifeless out of my head.

I can't get the fact that he didn't cry or scream out of my head. He had to know them. He had to. Who would wanna kill my baby though? He never did anything wrong. I wish it was me.

As I cried the bell rung. I'm expecting Trey. We're going over some things for the funeral.

I got myself together then went and answered the door. When I opened the door I didn't see him. I saw the little boy that stay next door to me. He held out a blank movie case. I slowly took it then he looked at his hand. "This is what happens when you fuck with the wrong niggas.", he said. He put his hand over his mouth. "He wrote it on my hand. Don't tell my mom."

"Who?", I asked.

"I don't know, he left after giving me 20 bucks and telling me what to do." I slowly shook my head then he left. I went in closing and locking the door behind me. I went to my room and put the dvd in the dvd player. After it loaded I saw King sitting on the floor. A dude walked to King looking at the camera.

"Nicki, Nicki, Nicki.", he said shaking his head. "Why didn't you leave him alone? This is your fault." Somebody handed him a cord. No, no, no. He started beating my baby making him cry and scream out in pain. He tried reaching for somebody I couldn't see but they didn't get him. Why didn't the get him? The dude looked off camera. "You want me to stop?! Then shut up!" He dropped the cord then stared punching King.

I can't watch this. It's killing me. I can't stop though, maybe it'll help me find out who did this to my baby.

He stopped then picked King up and threw him against the wall. When he hit the wall he stopped crying. The dude looked off of the camera then at King. "Get up King.", he said shaking him. He kept trying to get him up. He looked off camera and shook his head then the camera cut off.

I just cried hard. Why they have to do that to my baby? What did he ever do? Nothing.

What nigga?! I'm single as fuck!

I gotta show this to the detective.

...

We looked at Sean and Trey. Me, my cousins, and my momma. "One of y'all know who killed my baby. Just please be honest with me. Who did it?", I asked with a crack in my voice.

"I would never do shit to hurt King or you or moms or them. Y'all like my second family. I can't believe I'm bein' accused of this shit.", Sean said.

"You know I would never do anything to hurt my son.", Trey said looking at Sean. Sean loves King like King's his. Trey loves King, he is his. I don't know who to believe.

"I don't know who did it but I want and will get justice. Until I figure out who did this I don't want anything to do with y'all. Don't come to my house and don't come to my son's funeral.", I said. Before they could say anything I got up and left. I will find out who killed my baby and I will kill them. That's a promise.