Part 6

I’m gonna love you though it

Part 6 

* Selena’s POV *

I sat there in disbelief in what I had just told Justin.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have just blurted all the out.” I shook my head lightly looking down at my hands in my lap.

“No, no. I’m glad you did. Its good to learn about you. I mean I know we don’t know a lot about each other but I want you to feel like you can trust me.”

“Trust me if I didn’t trust you I wouldn’t have told you all that. I haven’t told many people about my life. No body has cared enough to listen.”

“tell me more..” he leaned back on the sand his hand under his head and he looked up at me.

I bit my lip lightly thinking, “Well it’s just me and my mom at home. No brothers. No sisters. My mom works a lot to keep up with the medical bills and stuff so she’s hardly ever home.”

He nodded as I talked so I kept going, “Um.. Well I don’t have many friends I lost most of them a while back. And I just graduated high school. I’m 17 turning 18 next month.” I shrugged not knowing what else to say.

“Interesting,” he nodded as he spoke.

“You don’t have to say that. I know it’s not very exciting.”

“How did you lose all your friends?”

The question kind of shocked me. I hated the memory of my ‘friends’.

“Well when I had just found out I had cancer I guess I started drifting from my group of friends. I didn’t go to the parties anymore because I was always at the hospital for treatment, and I couldn’t drink because it would make my stomach hurt worse than it already did. They didn’t like that I couldn’t be who I was before the cancer got to me. And so they stabbed me in the back started saying false things about me and I lost them. I didn’t want to be friends with people who weren’t really my friends.”

“You seem so nice. One day you will have more friends then you can imagine,” he gave me a soft smile.

By this time he was sitting back up and looking at me.

“If the cancer doesn’t kill me anytime soon,” I mumbled under my breath.

He looked at me shocked by what I had said. I wasn’t going to take it back. It was true. I closer to death everyday, I knew that and if he wanted to get to know me better he had to understand I could pass at anytime.

“You can’t say things like that..”

“It’s the truth,” I stood up and dusted the sand off of me, walking back to the car.

I didn’t want to deal with him right now. I didn’t need another on of those people in my life. I was tired of those people. I wanted someone to support me in all that I want not someone to tell me how to act.