52. Losing Her Is Losing Myself

Start from the beginning

Inside the cabin

Abhi(shocked): Soha. I love you too. But it's not like what you think. We always have a mutual admiration for each other.

Soha: But..

Taking a deep breath,

Abhi(in a serious tone): Soha, you met Mukti, right? She is not just my friend but my life. Yes, I love her and we are in a relationship for a few months now. No one knows about this yet, but that doesn't change the facts right.

Soha(hopefully): But it's just a few months. How sure are you about her? I will wait for you even if it takes an entire lifetime.

Abhi(sternly): Soha, calm down. I am not leaving her in my entire lifetime. (softly) See Soha, you are a beautiful person. Open up to people and you will find a person who has all the love in the world for you. Soha, we have known each other for years so you are comfortable with me. You might be misunderstanding this comfort as love.

Seeing her silently looking down, he continues.

Abhi(restless): Soha, we are friends and I don't want to lose you. But with Mukti, it's different. She is my everything. I can't even describe how I feel about her. (sighing in frustration) Losing her is losing myself.

Soha(smiled, brushing away slight tears): I understand. Abhi, I am happy for you.

They talk for a while.

Outside the cabin, Mukti was in a pool of tears. She never thought anyone could love her as much as Abhimanyu does. He has never said anything of such sort to Mukti ever, but he confessing his love for her in her absence made her fall in love with him, all over again. But this time more confidently than before, without any doubts.

Lost in her thoughts, she started walking towards Nandu's cabin, when she bumped into someone. She was busy wiping her tears off when the person made her look towards him. He panicked seeing tears in her eyes.

Manik(cupping her face): Mukti, are you crying?

Listening to Manik's voice, she crashed into his chest. He was exactly the person she needs the most, now.

Manik(concerned): Mukti, tu ro kyu rahi hai? Did anyone hurt you? Mukti, you are scaring me. Bata na.

Breaking the hug, Mukti spoke.

Mukti(whispered): Manik, mujhe ghar jana hai.

Manik: Mukti..

Mukti(cutting him off): please.

Manik nods. He walks her out taking her into a side hug and asks the driver to take her home.

Manik(cupping her cheek): You know right, I am always there, whenever you need me.

Mukti(assured): Manik, you will be the first person I will share this thing with. But for now, I need to gather my thoughts along with some sleep.

Manik nods and bids her bye after placing a protective kiss on her forehead. As soon as she left, his fists turn into a ball, thinking about the probable person who could have hurt Mukti. He barges into Nandini's cabin. The crashing of her cabin door startles her. Looking up, she finds a fuming Manik.

Nandu(scared): Manik, are you fine?

Manik(controlling his anger): Nandini, stop making me talk now. I don't want to hurt you. Just call Abhimanyu here.

Nandu(confused): What?

Manik(whisper yelled): Listen. Do as I say. Otherwise, I might go to his cabin and break some of his bones.

Before she could react, Abhimanyu comes to her cabin. Manik goes a little far to control his anger.

Abhi(frowned): Nandu, where's Mukti?

Nandu: Bhai, Mukti aap hi ke paas toh aayi thi?

Manik strolls towards him and holds his collar.

Manik(gritting his teeth): Abhimanyu, what did you say to Mukti that made her cry so badly?

Abhi(panicked): Mukti, ro rahi thi? Is she fine?

Manik(scowled): Abhimanyu, stop pretending.

Abhi(informed): Manik, trust me. I didn't meet her after she left along with Nandini. She forgot her mobile in my cabin and I came searching for her.

Manik leaves his collar and looks at Nandu helplessly.

Manik(sighs): I am going home. I need to check on her.

Nandu nods. Manik leaves for home after taking Mukti's mobile from Abhimanyu, leaving the two siblings worried.