Chapter 2 Chantel

Marcus was just getting home and it was 6:15 a.m. When he walked into the bedroom, he dropped his keys and removed his shirt.

"Where you been?" I asked, muting the television and crossing my arms.

"Chantel, don't be waiting up for me with this shit. I'ma grown ass man."

"Don't hit me with that shit, Marcus where you been?"

"Damn, Chan you acting like you my mama. I was with Daniel."

"Til six in the morning?" I squinted my eyes.

"I fell asleep over his crib. Fuck I gotta lie for?" He spoke climbing into the bed and placing his head on my stomach.

"Whatever, I'm throwing a party for Kaidyn. A welcome home party."

"Kaidyn moved back?" He asked raising his head quickly.

"She got back yesterday."

"Aww shit! Let me call Daniel." He smirked, hopping out of the bed and searching for his phone but then paused. " Na, I'ma tell the nigga in person, so I can see his reaction."

"Why? Kaidyn don't want him."

"What? She must gotta nigga or some?"

"No but you know that shit is old. Plus he's with Jelly."

"Oh yea, that shit is old, huh?"

"And he is taken, huh!"

"Oh yea, that too."

I rolled my eyes and sucked my teeth.

"What? You know I'm all about that faithful shit." He smiled while giving me a bear hug.

"Faithful my ass." I mumbled while trapped under him.

I woke up around three in the afternoon and found Marcus sprawled out across the bed in snores. Easing out of the bed, I winced in pain, when stepping on one of Casey's action figures.

"Fuck!"

I picked the toy up and flung it across the room out of irritation. Glancing around, I began picking up Marcus' clothes, so that I could wash them and a pair of panties fell out of his pocket. I narrowed my eyes at him and stomped in his direction.

"What the fuck it this, Marcus!" I shoved him. His eyes slowly opened, he turned away from me, and pulled the covers over his head.

"Wake yo trifling ass up!"

"What the fuck? This bitch betta be burning down!" He groaned while snatching the covers off of his body.

"Whose are these?"

"Them yours." He spoke pulling the sheets back over him.

"They ain't mine Marcus! Fucking cow print panties!"

I could hear him chuckling under the sheets. "What's funny?"

"Them panties.."

"Oh, it's funny? I'll show you funny!"

"Some old bitch gave me those."

"What?"

"At the gas station. She told me that if I took her out, I wouldn't regret it."

"How did you get these?"

"She put them in my pocket, Chan."

"I don't believe this shit."

"Maybe I should take her on a date. I bet cougars know how to treat a nigga." He smirked.

I gave him a look of disgust and threw the underwear at him.