Seeing Stars

Taehyung sat down on the grass, taking the drawstring bag off his back. At an utter loss of words, I sat down next to him. He dumped the contents of his bag on the grass: a ton of snacks, a camera, and a few packs of glow sticks. "Why?" I asked, picking up the glow sticks.
"They're fun." Taehyung grabbed the camera, turning it on, "Take a selca with me."
"Using that camera?"
Taehyung nodded, smiling.
I leaned in as Taehyung held the camera the same way you'd hold a phone to take a selca. I smiled for the camera, feeling a fluttering sensation in my chest. Had Taehyung really spent his one free day in Japan planning this out for me? The flash went off, then the camera's shutter played.
"How'd you plan this exactly?" I asked as Taehyung lowered the camera.
"I'll sound like a try hard if I tell you." Setting down the camera, Taehyung cracked open a pack of glowsticks.
"As your hyung, you have to tell me." I looked around. From this hill, you could see Tokyo's skyline, lit up in bright colors. The city was bustling, yet the only city sounds able to be heard from here was the faintest trace of car horns and sirens. Had we really biked that far from the city?
"Well..." Taehyung gave a nervous giggle and said his words so fast they slurred together a little, "I had memorized the route from the hotel to here because it wasn't really following any roads, then the exact price for bike rentals and biked the thing a couple times so I wouldn't mess it up but I had to do some research before that to find the best stargazing spot."
"Breathe between words, Tae." I looked up at the inky black sky which was dotted with shimmery white stars, "But did you really do all that for me on your one free day?"
Taehyung nodded, strapping a bright blue glow stick around my wrist. "It was kinda fun planning it out, though. Jimin was with me, so he helped me with a lot of the stuff."
"Did you tell Jimin why?"
Taehyung grabbed his camera, avoiding the question, "Wow! I better take a picture of this incredible skyline." Taehyung stood in several different angles to get the perfect shot of Tokyo's skyline. I was content just watching him do some photography. Then Taehyung aimed his camera at me, getting an out-of-context photo of me staring at the stars.
"Hey!" I snapped, "Get rid of that!"
"Nah," Taehyung smiled, "It's a really good photo. Imma keep it, but I won't show anyone."
I went back to looking up at the stars. They were so much more clear in Japan than they were in Korea. I sighed happily, forgetting how terrible my day had been before Taehyung had taken me here. Taehyung did some more photography as I became mesmerized by the stars. After a few minutes, I went from sitting up to laying on the cool grass.
A short while passed, neither of us saying anything to each other. Enjoying each other's company was enough. Taehyung was busy perfecting his camera angles as I just blanked out staring at the stars.
"Hyung," Taehyung spoke softly, sitting down next to me. His voice snapped me back into reality, "Can I tell you something?"
"Sure, what's up?" I asked, taking my eyes off the stars to look at him.
Taehyung fidgeted with his fingers, "Okay so you know how you asked if I told Jimin about this whole thing?" I nodded. "Well I've been telling him...like a lot. He's known about this promise thing for a while now. He's sorta been my wingman..."
"Wingman?"
Taehyung looked away, his face sort of red, "You know how Jimin has been texting me, like, a lot? Well it's because..." He held out the last word of his sentence, letting it linger off.
"Because?"
"I sorta....just might...like...perhaps...kinda...." At this point, he was mumbling, so his words were barely audible. "Like you...like...like you like you." There was a short, slightly awkward pause, "But I mean it's fine if you don't!" He blurted out.
My face went red. What should I be feeling in this situation?! I asked myself. Part of me wanted to say 'yes, I like you, too', while another part of me wanted to just leave. I looked up at the stars, trying to sort out my feelings. Memories of my past love life flooded back to me.
No, I told myself before I could get emotional, Taehyung isn't like those other people. I won't let others ruin this. I care about Taehyung more than anything in this life. If Taehyung wants this, I'll give him that.
"I mean," I said quietly, "I' d be willing to give it a try with you."
"Really!?!" His eyes sparkled, unable to contain his excitement, "You-! You would?! Hold the fuck on, I gotta tell Jimin!"
I smiled at Taehyung as he whipped out his phone and called Jimin. He was acting like a high school girl (and it was lowkey adorable). "Eyyyyyyy Jimin you gotta hear this. I did it and he sai- YES! Like, woah, I wasn't expecting this and just- woah. It's like 'oh fuck this is real'-" Taehyung kept rambling excitedly to Jimin.
Once Taehyung hung up, he came over to me and hugged me. "You are actually amazing, hyung. Ily."
"Not to ruin the moment or anything, but did you just say 'ily' outloud?" I laid back down. Almost immediately, Taehyung was cuddled against my side. Right, he's about that cuddle lifestyle, I smiled softly and let him. Normally, skinship wasn't my thing, but I'd make an exception for Taehyung. Whatever made him happy.
We spent a surprising amount of time cuddled together. Taehyung's slow breathing and soft snoring confirmed he was asleep. I combed my fingers through his hair, smiling. Admittedly, Taehyung was the last person who I thought I'd catch feelings for, yet here we were. I kissed the top of his head as I closed my eyes.