New Apartment

I tossed myself onto my bed. Moving was stressful. At least one thing wouldn't change: Seokjin was still my roommate. How we decided to split up roommates is as followed: Jimin and Hoseok, Taehyung and Jungkook, me and Seokjin, and Namjoon has his own.. The new apartment complex was luxurious, one of the most expensive in Seoul. One of the new perks was there was a balcony that had a beautiful outlook of Seoul. I loved when a place had a balcony (apartment or hotel, it didn't matter). It let me go outside, yet still be at home. It was so much more than what it looked like. The balcony gave me a place to hang out with friends in the day and a place to escape into my thoughts at night. But my favorite thing was the views. Even if the actual view never changed, it gave me a chance to look at the same sights from a different perspective. At night, it was even better. I could gaze into the sky and just think- even if the thoughts were just random, pointless things.

I absolutely loved the night sky- the stars, the moon, the inky blackness of the sky, and even the pinkish-red at sunrise and sunset. It was always better in other countries, though. Korea has too much light pollution and smog to see much of the night sky. Whenever we did went on a vacation or did a world tour, I'd always take advantage of being able to see the night sky. If the room didn't have a balcony, I'd go for a night stroll. None of the other members knew of my love of sky gazing.

It was 11 at night, closer to 12. Mountains of boxes remained unpacked. I didn't realize how much stuff I had. Seokjin was sound asleep on his bed, despite not having put bed sheets on it. I forced myself up. I might as well check what the view looked like. A crisp breeze ruffled my hair as I stepped out onto the small balcony. The place offered a beautiful vista of the city. You could see the night lights for miles. Some building had windows lit a yellowish fluorescent, while some were decorated with lights illuminated in cool colors like blue, green, and purple. The city looked lively, as always. I let out a sigh, resting my hands on the cool metal of the railing. A balcony- something so simple that never failed to amaze me. I stared out for a few moments.

"So you're still up too, hyung?" A deep voice asked from the side.

I took my eyes off the city and glanced over, seeing Taehyung leaning on the railing of his own balcony. Our balconies were close to each other, barely a meter between the two.

"Yeah." I replied with a nonchalant tone.

"I'd expect you to be asleep." There was a sort of energy in his words, despite the time. He leaned over the railing, letting his arms dangle.

I shrugged, turning my attention back to the city, "I wanted to see the view before going to sleep. How come you're out here?"
"I like outside." He said, "And I can't sleep."

"Why not?"
"Just can't," He stood up straight and rocked back and forth on his heels, "Do you think anyone's ever done a flip off these balconies?"

I opened my mouth to say something, then shut it. "What?" I asked, trying to comprehend what he said.

"Well? Do you think anyone has?"

"No," I said with an unsure tone, "What kind of question is that?"
"Would you want me to ask a different question?"

I nodded, making sure Taehyung noticed.

"Okay..." He paused, thinking, "What'd you do if you weren't scared?"

"How do you go from idiotic to philosophical in 5 seconds?"

"Dunno," He smiled as another breeze blew by, "But what would you do? Like if you weren't scared? Either of what people's reactions would be or the consequences."

I thought. Taehyung was the last person I'd expect to ask that sort of question. "I don't know." I simply said, "Speak my mind? Tell people of the stuff I do in secret, maybe."
Taehyung went back to leaning over the railing, "What do you do in secret? It's hard to even guess."

"Not telling. I might, though. Get me to trust you enough and I'll consider telling you." I yawned, "I'm tired. G'night, Tae."
"Night."

I stepped back inside, sliding the glass door shut and pulling the curtain back over it. I went back to my bed and laid back down, sighing softly. I'll finish unpacking tomorrow, sleep now.