Late Night Pizza Party

Once again, I sat in my studio chair, thinking of how to do the rhythm for the rapping verses. I had already written the score for the vocalists' parts, but figuring out the rappers' parts was a challenge. It always was. I tapped my finger against my temple, debating between the two rhythm patterns I had come up with. My tapping subconsciously turned into a beat, that was a smooth fusion of the two I came up with.

I quickly scribbled down the basic rhythm- I'd worry about pitches after I got the beat solid. I stared down that the rhythm I had written, thinking of how to modify it to stretch it out over all the rap verses. I was snapped out of my thoughts by a text message notification from Weird Bitch, Taehyung's contact name. I grabbed my phone and read the screen:

Weird Bitch: Heyyyy

Weird Bitch: Hyung have you done the thing with the song??

Weird Bitch: If yes thats great! Can i hear?

Weird Bitch: If not can i hear what you have done?

Weird Bitch: But if you have nothing done jsut

Weird Bitch: Keep working! I know itll be grat.

Me: *just, *great. And I have the singing parts done. Working on rap verses. They're harder to write.

Weird Bitch: o.O

Weird Bitch: Cooooooooooooooool

Weird Bitch: Can i hear?

Me: No

Weird Bitch: plz

Me: It's a surprise

Me: But I'll tell you that I think you'll like your part

Me: Now stop texting me, I can't produce stuff if I'm texting you

I placed my phone down with a soft smile. I found myself smiling more when Taehyung talked to me. After talking with him on the balconies, I'd let my guard down around him, making it easier for him to make me smile and/or laugh. Sure, I'd smile around Hoseok, Jimin, and Jungkook, but they didn't necessarily have the same thing Taehyung had. What Taehyung had, I didn't know. Maybe I just trusted him more than the others. After all, I did talk my heart out to him the night of me and Seokjin's fight.

The rest of the day went smoothly as I made the beat and pitches for the rapping verses. Time flew by; I lost track. By the time I got home, it was a little passed 10pm. My stomach growled. I hadn't eaten anything except a cup of noodles around noon. I looked around the kitchen, gruffing. There was nothing I was in the mood to eat. I could get delivery, I thought, are pizza places open this late?...

I stepped out onto the balcony to place an order. To no one's surprise, Taehyung was outside, almost as if he was waiting for me. "Sooooooooo," He said, leaning over the railing, "Can I hear-"
"No." I replied, dialing the pizza place's number, "Hey, I'm ordering pizza. You want some?"

Taehyung shot me a look. "Did you really not eat?!"
"I was busy, now you want pizza or not?"
"Well no duh I want pizza, but you need to stop doing that!"

I ignored Taehyung's concern and called a pizza place. After I finished the call, Taehyung started speaking immediately. "You're gonna get sick or something if you keep on fasting or whatever during work, especially if your staying out this late! I mean, if you don't want to stop working to get food, I can bring you some! Text me or something if you're hungry! I'll bring you food!"

"I can handle myself." I said, stuffing my phone back into my pocket, "But thanks for the offer."
20 minutes passed, and in that time Taehyung and I talked. More accurately, Taehyung asked me a million and one questions, ranging from my favorite type of bird to what I'd do if I wasn't in BTS (he had no consistency. It was like the lottery- you either get a great question that you can go on and on about or your stuck having to justify why yellow isn't your favorite color).

"Yoongi!" Seokjin shouted to me, "You order something?"

I ran over to grab my pizza and back out to the balcony without another word to Seokjin. I'd stopped at the kitchen to grab plates- there was soda and other drinks in the mini fridge outside. "Pizza." I said, showing off the box as it burned my hand. I set the box on a chair and plated up two slices for Taehyung. "You want something to drink?"

"Nah, I'm good."
So we sat outside, eating pizza and talking (as usual). "Maybe this can be our thing." Taehyung set down his plate, all that remained was the crust. He was weird like that. He wouldn't eat the crusts.
"What do you mean?"

"Like talking. On the balconies...y'know?"

I nodded, "I mean, yeah, it could be. To be honest, this is kinda fun. And low-key refreshing." Taehyung raised an eyebrow, tilting his head in confusion. "It's like one of those things you can do to...escape?" I continued, "It's hard to put it into words. It's like stargazing or taking a night walk. Simple, fun, and refreshing."
"How would you know that stargazing is refreshing?" Taehyung paused, thinking for a second, "Unless you like stargazing. But you don't seem like the person who'd do stargazing. You're more like the poet guy, y'know?"
"Tae, you're rambling." I said, "And I'll admit, I lo- like stargazing."

Taehyung leaned over the railing, trying to hit me teasingly. "You were gonna say 'love'!"

"Was not." I shook my head.

"Were too!"
I rolled my eyes, "Tell yourself that, Tae."

"No you definitely love it. Too bad you can't really do it in Korea..." He paused, "I'll take you stargazing some time when were out of country. Promise." Taehyung put his arm over the balcony, his pinky finger sticking up. I smiled and locked pinkies with Taehyung.