Epilogue ||

Epilogue

[Liam’s POV]

“Liam, please tell me where we’re going!?” Zayn exclaimed as we got off the plane. He had been asking me where I was taking him for our five year anniversary and I refused to tell him. All he knew is that we were in the states, and I had a surprise.

“Oh hush buttercup,” I said as I pursed my lips out for a kiss. Zayn put a finger on my mouth and shook his head.

“Oh no lover boy, you tell me where we’re going and then, maybe, you’ll get your kiss.”

I smiled and rolled my eyes as I took my boyfriend’s hand. I had a car waiting for us, something that made Zayn suspicious. He was also questioning why I told him to bring sunglasses and comfortable walking shoes.

“Are we going to pick oranges off orange trees?” He asked.

“What?”

“Isn’t that what people do in the states? Or are we going to eat weird food?”

“Zayn, love, you’re being a bit ridiculous.”

“Really? Last time I checked, you were taking me hostage!”

The driver chuckled from the front seat and all I did was wink at him, because he knew what was going on.

“What?! Why’d you wink at him?” Zayn was practically on top of me, begging for me to spill.

“Now Zayn, maybe I was just hitting on Mr. Higgins here,” I said as I wiggled my eyebrows.

“Mr. Malik,” Higgins spoke from the driver’s seat, “I can reassure you I have no interest in your partner. I am quite with my wife back at home.”

Zayn blushed as he sat back down. “I knew that.” I chuckled and kissed his forehead as we drove. I distracted Zayn with small talk and gestures of affection, he simply adored that, and who was I to turn him down? I gotta keep my man happy, which I guess I’ve been doing for the past five years.

I had Mr. Higgins pull us up directly to the entrance, and I covered Zayn’s eyes.

“Really? Liam James Payne, this better be good,” Zayn huffed as I led him out the car.

“If you keep your eyes closed, then it’ll be even better,” I sung. Zayn bit back a smile, trying to stay annoyed with me, but I knew he wouldn’t be annoyed forever; not after his surprise.

“Or a conundrum of disappointments.”

“Now when have I ever disappointed you?”

“Well, there was college,” Zayn said as the employees of the area smiled, cooing over our supposed ‘cuteness’.