epiphany

epiphany
(n.)
an experience of sudden and striking realization

•••

"I know I defected. But I couldn't let myself become someone else's slave. No. You wonder why I have trust issues. It wasn't going to let anyone's words or laws dictate what I though I needed to do. But looking back, I know this was wrong too."

•••

Natalia arrived in Maryland pretty quickly after she left, seeing that it surrounded nearly half of D.C.
She parked her car a few miles away from Pym's home and then changed into her stealth suit, seeing that it was so early in the morning that it was it was black as soot out side. Her hair was short now. She didn't quite know if she liked it or not. It was lighter than it was when it was long, but it was more in her face.

She didn't quite know what to make of her possibly false memories, so she did what anyone else would: she ignored them. She readied her sniper on her back, equipped her suit with four handguns, and loaded her belt with gassers, in case she needed to knock him out or even kill him with the gas.

She knew that the source of his shrinking was indeed the suit, so she figured if she caught him off guard, it would be an easy kill. She snuck up on the quaint house, looking in windows and scanning rooflines for cameras.

No cameras but there was indeed a problem. She looked in through a window to she Pym kissing the cheek of his wife as he pulled a four year old girl from her arms. He just got home. Natalia rolled her eyes as she bolted across the yard in the darkness.

It was a neighborhood, so she had to work to not be seen. But she got to the back door and unlocked and opened it in a hurry.

She made her way slowly down the hall, trying to come up with her place. She wanted to wait in his office for him and scare him a bit, but when she looked over all the things he had in his office, she knew that it was only a decoy room. He had a true workplace here. She just had to find it.

And indeed, with much sneaking and a bit of twiddling, she found it. The area was an entire workout room, with a lab, an office, and a room of all types of tech. Natalia looked over his desk and saw all type of a files that had her code name, Black Widow spilled all over them.

She smiled, knowing he'd be making his way down here after her was done reuniting with his family. She placed herself in his desk chair and began reading over all his papers, not on her, but all his sensitive documents for S. H. I. E. L. D. and the Land of Freedom itself. She found herself wondering why on earth he would leave these so easy to get to, but then she remember that they weren't.

A lot of the time Natalia has to remind herself that not all people are like her. She perked up to the sound of the fingerprint lock activating. She put the files back where he had them, but it was taking so long do him to get in the right way that Natalia found herself reading about herself.

"Witnesses say a woman with red hair. A black suit."

"No witnesses. Killed on site. Suspected Black Widow."

"Three slight malfunctions in Pentagon Information Archive. Black Widow was seen. Keep on lookout for sensitive US Military information."

She smirked. She could have easily not been seen, but against Russia's wishes, she like to have her name out there just a bit.