Just Married!

3019, December 19

Marriage has been never about a ring or a paper signed. It was not something endured but savored. The unique union of two hearts beating as one, each that would sacrifice for the other's happiness and well-being. Marriage was the blessing given to one another, an eternal bond of soulmates. Now Ethir memories were back, and she was a whole entity. They could finally make their bond stronger and full. Legolas and she agreed after their wedding ceremony they would fulfill that bond. Now what was important was to seek their wedding ceremony come to an end in peace and harmony.

It was a Winter wedding in the early afternoon. It was centuries since the Mirkwood gates were open to everyone cause of the wedding ceremony. The area faced the breathtaking sunset in the opening front of the Elvenking's halls. At the end of each seated aisle, Elanor flowers, and scented candles hung from naked tree branches. Spread down the aisle were autumn leaves, as far as the eyes could see, slightly moist so they wouldn't crack when you stepped on them.

Their marriage was forged in snow and ice and was all the stronger for it. The love was traced through fire was the roughest of it. A few years earlier their unison would have been forbidden. The Elvenking would never accept such a union. Their children would have been walking proof of their lawlessness. They were not so foolish as to expect acceptance. Legolas, as well as Ethir, knew that it would take a lot of time and hard work to win the Elvenking and his people. And time was on their side. They would blaze a trail for others to follow. They were partners in laughter, frivolity, and serious debate. It would have been easy to become reclusive and shun the world, but they never did. Their home was about music, love, and the warmth of family and friends. And their father had just begun.

Friends, from distant lands, friends of old. Humans, a dwarf, and Elves were invited to these wedding ceremonies. The white wizard Gandalf would exchange their vows and announce them married couple. Gimli and Aragorn were chosen as the best men of the groom. Gimli was supposed to hold the rings. Arwen, Éowyn and Tauriel were the brides best maiden. The first seats were filled with the four hobbits, Haldir and Thranduil, Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn, Lord Elrond and his twin sons, Faramir and Éomer. And so many other friends and the rest of the Mirkwood citizens.

Gandalf had asked everyone to stand. Haldir was waiting for Ethir, to walk with her the aisle and bring her to Legolas. The previous days Haldir and the Elvenking were in a serious debate, about who would guide the Bride along the aisle. Haldir was the right choice, as he was her uncle and her close relative. And Ethir, as well as Haldir loved the idea. On the other hand, Thranduil was selfish as always. He would not allow Haldir to have such an honor. Ethir was his daughter-in-law. Lately, she has been a very important person in his whole kingdom. As it was the woman, who was carrying his grandchild. If Legolas had not interfered, the debate would still be on. And the wedding would be canceled. Ethir was having much fun, watching Thranduil struggling to have Haldir agree to his will. She would never stop their debate.

The next problem that arose was the wedding dress. Nienna worked for a month or longer to manage to design the most amazing wedding dress, with the finest fabrics and stones. It was a very elegant and heavy wedding dress, made for a queen. Ethir trusted Nienna and only tried the dress a week before the wedding. A big mistake. Nienna and Ethir were not only debating. Ethir almost canceled the wedding. She never would, not agree to wear such a wedding dress. Nienna took it personally. It was her finest work. Even Legolas agreed that it was her best work. Yet, Ethir as well as the Elvenking agreed for the first time. That wedding dress was not for Ethir. Thankfully, the debate came to an end, when Thranduil revealed her his wife's wedding gown. The only thing of the Queen's personal belongings, that he kept as a secret.

Raeves' wedding gown was one of a kind. It was crafted by the Elves long ago. It was made of leaf veined in silver and lace. It was light to wear and kept her warm. It had a low waist, gathered down to her toes, long elvish type of sleeves, flared lace, and her shoulder was only revealed. The color was a mixture of silver and white, silver outline in unique design were knit all around the gown. Her hair was fixed in loose full curls and a silver circle around her head. A circlet that was offered by the Lady of the Light. And yet again, there was the Elvenking opposed to Ethir wearing the circlet offered by him. Legolas rolled his eyes, reminding him he was the one who announced with pride he would never allow Ethir to wear any crown. The rest of Ethir's wedding attire included white heels that were gifted by Éowyn and a long veil.