Sense of Hollow Grief

3019, January 17

The night was still young, with the colors of a mixture of blue and gold. The group of nine was slowly stepping down at Galadhon Lawn. The Elves had set up tents there and brought food and clothes. They were in a pavilion set among the trees near the fountain. They laid on soft couches as Elves left food and wine for them.

All, except one, sat on the couches near the fountain. The outcast didn't follow them. She noted the tent on the east part of Galadhon Lawn. Outside the tent was standing a maiden, that had just walked out of the tent.

"I have placed some clean clothes on your bed. Soap, towels can be found in the main hall. Feel free to leave your attire, there after cleaning up. You can rest in this tent. The streams are located South and North. Do you need anything else my Lady?" She asked politely gazing at Ethir with a smile.

Ethir bowed slightly "Thank you! That is more than enough." she responded.

The maiden nodded and left.

Ethir stepped inside the tent. She laid her sword down against the bed. Next, she grabbed the clean clothes, without even noticing; the type of clothing. She strolled over, where the main hall. She picked up soap and towels. She walked south and turned to the north. Finally, she had reached the streams. She was drained and her brain was still wheeling, emotionless.

She stared at the waters. They were so clean, and perfect. Like crystal cold water. She stripped her clothes aside. Her left foot softly touched the surface of the water. It wasn't cold, she was wrong. It was warm. Ethir grabbed the soap and swam deeper inside the stream. The water touched her skin, softly. The light waves stroked against her. She felt her muscles yank. Her bones cracked. Every part of her body was softening and relaxing.

She lifted her arm and started rubbing her hair with the soap. She lowered down, washing her neck next. Slowly, her body was losing some orc blood that was stained against her skin. The waters around her became black. She had to spend the whole bar of soap until every inch of dirt left her body. When she was done, she was cleaner than ever. She slowly stepped outside, picked up her towels, and dried herself.

Afterwards, she wore the clean underwear that was given to her by the elves. Then she grabbed the next layer of clothing. She paused and lowered her gaze. She blinked, confused. She looked at the piece of clothing for over a few seconds. Until she finally wore it. She was too worn, to complain. It was the first time she was wearing a gown. And elfish silver slippers.

Back at the tents, the Hobbits were settling down to rest. An Elf song could be heard. The rest were still sitting close to the fountain. They had already cleaned themselves, and eaten. Now they just needed to rest.

'A Olórin I yaresse' (Olórin who once was)

'Mentaner I Numeherui (Sent by the Lords of the West)

'Tírien I Rómenóri' (To guard the Lands of the East)

A Soft song was to be heard, as the Elves sang.

"A lament for Gandalf." noted Legolas. He was wearing a silver robe of velvet-like attire. That was given to him by the Elves of Lorien. It was more formal than his archer attire. Mirkwoodian Elves wore thicker clothes, also made of a velvety yet sturdy material. It was a simple attire of tunics over leggings, in greens and browns to blend into their surroundings.

"What do they say?" Merry asked.

"I have not the heart to tell you. For me, the grief is still too near." The Elf responded as he paused, listening to the Elvish song. Then he turned and walked east. Outside the first tent on the right, he paused and lifted his head, gazing at the golden roof of the Mallorn trees. Later on he remained, outside. His back turned against the entrance of the tent, as he listened at the lament.