A chaotic Mess of us!

Start from the beginning

On the other side of the bridge, the dazzling Ellon had already sensed her eyes upon him. She seemed more alive and reckless, as the first day they met. His beloved one was not even wearing a gown. Her attire reminded him, of her old ones. She was even carrying her blade. 'Wait! Why was she allowed to regain her blade?' He agreed to ignore the strange quizzes that were dwelling against his existence. He lifted his gaze and went on scanning the area in front of him. After all, he would have his answers soon.

He never thought for a moment that returning home could be a holy grail of his life. Being near her was the one true thing he sought. But arriving back home after a month, why did it feel so hard? He wanted to meet with the person he recalled, innocent and sweet, yet he struggled. Something was bothering him. It had been weeks since he last sensed her thoughts or her feelings. What had happened to their bond? He wanted to give her a warm smile and a tight hug to warm her soul and not to drain her. Yet, there was something a miss.

Legolas scurried down the path crossing the bridge, his boots slapping against the wood steps that led to her. Fallen leaves littered the walkway, bathing it in dark red and orange, and he stepped on them with a satisfying crunch. He was back home, and in front of him was standing what was dearest to him. He ignored the blank gaze on her eyes. More important was she seemed so alive, than before. The Ellon could not wait any longer. She ran towards her and wrapped his arms around her. He lifted her off the ground and spun her around. Then he let her feet touch the ground as he leaned closer and placed a kiss on her lips.

As for Ethir, she was astounded most bizarrely. One second, her mind was wheeling memory through memory, trying to recall the dazzling Ellon that was running towards her. And the other second she was floating in the air and then kissed. Her mind paused. Her eyes open widely. Why was he kissing her? Ethir knew there were circumstances and encounters, she could not control. Yet, there she was running out to meet someone. A stranger, a dazzling stranger that was kissing her. And although, her mind was struggling to reject him. Her heart felt so familiar.

It was obvious what would follow next. Since Ethir did not recognize the stranger who was kissing her. Her next action was clear, she would slap him. Yet, before her arm was lifted and her hand reached Legolas's cheek, she fell on his feet. Legolas's face took one of those bewildering expressions. He was used to seeing Ethir fall on his feet. However now it was different. She did not fall, she fainted. His beloved one acted like she did not recall him. Then she was almost ready to slap him. And now she fainted.

Worried Legolas picked her up and ran towards the healing chambers. He asked Tauriel to get his father and Gimli to follow him. Suddenly, so many questions arose. Maybe the message his father had sent a month ago was important. He walked inside the healing chamber followed by Gimli and a few healers. The healers started searching what the cause of her fainting might be. Surely, it had nothing to do with her memory loss. After, Tauriel informed the Elvenking, both joined and waited for the Healers to announce their resolve.

"Ada!" Legolas lifted his eyes seriously and questioned his father "Should I be worried!? What happened?"

Thranduil narrowed his eyes and stepped closer. "There is! Your 'Adaneth' was proudly pushed down the Enchanted River. She forgot quite a lot. Yet, do not worry most of her memories are coming back. I also awoke her Fëa. I could say she is slowly whole again." he tried to explain in the best way possible.

Legolas was speechless. There were so many details at once. He stayed behind for a month to ensure the safety of their borders. And he had no idea what had happened to his bond. It was clear now why he could not sense Ethir at all. He leaned against the nearest wall, trying to process as Thranduil was narrating him through the events. That Alaesa was responsible for Ethir's fall. How she was punished. How Ethir was slowly evolving. The information he received was too many at once. The Ellon had no words or moves to react. Ethir had managed it again. To have him worried and speechless. And as he was ready to commend, one of the healers left everyone dazed again.

"Lady Ethir's fainting is normal!" he said as all the eyes turned and gazed at him "She is pregnant around five weeks! Lord Legolas will be a proud father."

Legolas hit his back against the wall. His mind was now spinning in any direction. He was worried about Ethir. Worried that she may never remember him. How messy could this day get? The news was getting more chaotic as time passed. And above all that, she was pregnant. How was that even possible? It took years for Elleth to become pregnant. It took for the couple to be fully bonded and for both to wish for a child. He was sure neither of them wished for a child. They were in enough trouble. But then again, Ethir was only half and Elleth. The same rules did not apply to her. His thoughts went on like that for the same time.

Thranduil was also in shock. He was aware that his son's 'Adaneth' could cause chaos. He awaited any kind of reaction and careless behaviors. Then she surprised him by losing her memory. He could not complain about that. It somehow had a positive impact on her. Then the problem of recognizing Legolas arose. And that 'Adaneth' answered once again by being pregnant. And although surely it was also his son's doing. The timing that the'Adaneth' choose to faint, could not be better. Yet, again everything could be forgotten and forgiven since he would have a grandchild. As long as the Elvenking was walking in Middle-Earth, he never expected that Legolas would return to Mirkwood. That he would bond with anyone. As for a grandchild, a strong and wild thought like that would never cross Elvenking's self-centered mind. Yet, Ethir was the cause of all of that. He just wanted to erase all the negative effects of all the suffering. It was time for healing. For him, his son even Ethir.

Gimli, as well as Tauriel, were also confused. They were worried about Ethir's memory loss. But very happy about the pregnancy. After all, having a favorite friend baby around could not be a bad thing. It sounded like trouble indeed, but the happy kind of trouble.

Suddenly, around those messy explanations and events, Ethir woke up. She almost jumped out of the bed. She was gazing at everyone around perplexed. Now she was sure she was having a messed up dream. Maybe, she was long dead and she was punished for that reality. There was no way she could be pregnant. How on Earth did she end up pregnant? And with whose child, Legolas? She just ended up sleeping with an Elf. But why? And she was sure, Elves did not have casual intercourse. There should be feelings and bonding.

What?

Her mind exploded into little pieces. Was that dazzling Ellon in love with her? And was she in love with him? What was she thinking? Then the wedding that everyone was planning and organizing was supposed to be hers and his. That was it! She had enough! She leaped out of the bed, only to be stopped by the healers. And questioned where she was going.

"Do not worry! I am only going for a short walk! I will push myself inside that forsaken river to forget every detail!" she said rolling her eyes at the messy events.

"Sash! We will figure it out!" he whispered under his breath. Legolas softly reached out to her trying to hug her. His embrace was always the best escape for Ethir.

At first, she fought back, not accepting his arms around her. Yet, when his strong arms wrapped around her and his grip locked her inside his embrace, her body recalled the feeling. It did not feel alien, but very familiar. Like she was secured from everything and everyone. She trusted her inner voice and leaned against him. The dazzling Ellon, there were so many memories of him that sprang inside her mind slowly. Innocent. Love. Happiness. Floating. Flying. Everything new. Nothing boring, plain, or repetitive. How could she forget her annoying Ellon? Her loud voice filled the room, and finally, her memories were back.

"Legolas!"

They should live one day at a time and not worry so much about the things they cannot control. Their divine emotions could echo and reach finally each other. It was time for them to heal and move on. Slowly day after day, they should find their way. Since then they had a place to call home. People to call family and friends. And most of all they had a future.

((Next Chapter: 66))

[last edit: 2017 April]

- - -

More than anything, thank you for taking the time to read this!

Quick Note: Wedding day is so near! Woot! Woot!