Chapter Twenty-Four

Hello! :)

This one has taken me a bit longer to write, for which I'm so sorry for. But I've had writers block. I seriously had a hard time writing this one, don't ask me why. I've had my ideas, sure, but none of them seemed to be right. Even this one. I don'k know, I'm not happy with the result.

Sorry for the disappointment :(

But I'm still hoping for you to enjoy this somehow. If that's possible.. :)

Melxx

__________________________________________

The sound of the birds chirping slowly brought me away from sleep as the soft breeze brushed past my arms. Refusing to let go of my sleep so soon, I slipped my arms under the warmth of the covers to snuggle into my bed. Though the one and only comfort I still possessed after every little thing that happened got taken away from me as well, as to switch positions caused a sting of pain shoot right through me. Sealing my eyes shut tightly in hopes for the pain to ease, I brought my knees up to hug them in a very painful movement. Everything simply hurt so much. The many bruises and cuts never had time to heal before another one was added and it just took much longer time for them to slowly fade away. In no control of my body anymore, I began to tremble as tears leaked through my closed eyes. 

Was this how it would be from now on? Getting abused and raped to receive an apology after that only for all of that to happen again? Having those horrible scars printed on my skin so even if I did succeed in escaping one day, those would forever remain so I would have no chance in forgetting about the horror I went through? 

Waves of sobs shook my body as I held onto my knees for dear life. My mind was a complete mess and everything hurt so much. I was done, so done with everything. Not even a single flicker of hope was left within me. Nothing. Not even the girl I used to be was there anymore. No more sarcastic comments, no more hours of talking and annoying the people I loved the most. Simply nothing. The happy, carefree and life-loving Chloe was gone and in her place was just a broken girl who gave up on everything- on life.

I just wanted to die. Was that really too much to ask for?

I thought that I was strong, that I could keep up with the sick and twisted games he was playing at. I thought that one day, he would realize that I would not let him dominate me, that he could not control me and that he could never hurt me. Funny, seeing as he already did those things countless of times. Truth is, I was weak. With every other week filled with so much pain imaginable, I lost more and more of my strength to fight back. And here it was, my mind and heart telling me that it was okay. It was okay to give up and just let everything be. To let him have his way with me. To not fight back and just let it happen.

He had won now. He wanted me to cooperate and submit to him? Well I should congratulate him on doing a good job at it and succeeding.

I got carefully lifted from the bed and pressed against a chest as muscular arms held me tight in their embrace. I knew who it was. Who else could it be other than my one and only nightmare? Though I did not notice him entering or anything else in that matter. My mind was only focused on one thing to care about what was happening around me- him.

"Baby," he whispered with his voice cracking in the end as my fists collided repeatedly with his chest. Though he didn't do anything against it. He held me and let me throw punch after punch against his chest as I let my anger out on him.

"You bastard!" I shrieked, shaking in pure rage in his embrace as I aimed a punch against his face. His face whipped to the side from the impact and as he slowly looked back at me with tears of his own streaming down his face, he waited. Waited for me to continue.