Chapter Nineteen

Hi! :)

An early update, I know, shocker, right? :D

Sorry for any types of mistakes. I bet that there are thousands of them since typing on a phone for hours is so not cool. I promise to edit as soon as I have the time for that!

This one was a little difficult for me to write so excuse the crappiness (is that even a word? In my world it is soooo...) of it.

Enjoy! Leave a comment and vote because come one! I updated within what? Four days? We have to celebrate that!

Mel xx

______________________________

     My blood ran cold upon hearing those words spoken from him and my bottom lip began to quiver slightly. It was his murderous intense stare and the harshness of his voice which had my legs wobbling. Taking notice of the current state I was in, so vulnerable and scared at the same time, his arms wrapped themselves around my waist, holding me rooted on my spot close to him with a iron like grip.

       "My brother?" Even I could tell by the shakiness of my voice that it was game over for me.

      How come I ever happened to believe that the plan could work out? It was the devil himself I was dealing with. One who ruled the world and a simple girl like me, one according to them was nothing but a pathetic human being, could be able to take him down?

       Even the sight that greeted me looked down right pathetic. Him, the cold and ruthless man whereas I, with my fragile short form looked like a little girl. His now pitch black eyes were fixed on me, the corners of his pink lips tugged up into an amusing smile which was standing for an obvious sign of finding this situation very amusing. Not only did we look like the devil and its prey, we were the devil and its prey that very moment.

       "Carter White." I tried my hardest not to flinch back at the coldness of his voice or how his eyes narrowed into slits as his grip on my waist tightened. I was hoping that he wasn't but I just knew very well that he was aware of the brutally quick rhythm my heart beat to.

       I could feel his eyes piercing into me, burning a hole into my head though I refused to meet his gaze. I just knew that the moment I looked into his eyes, the fright of mine would consume and betray me.

       "Tell me, Chloe," his deep voice began, so controlled and cold whereas I couldn't utter a single word without stuttering. And he was to blame for all of that knowing very well the effect he had on me, he leaned in closer from behind, so that his lips brushed my ear ever so lightly.

        "How stupid do you think I am?" To take a breath, something so naturally and normal, suddenly felt like a very hard and foreign task to do.

       "I - I...", shaking in fear, I did not know where to look because wherever I fixed my eyes on, I could feel his gaze piercing into my skin. Mocking me. Laughing at me. To add to that feeling, the vocabulary of mine was suddenly completely gone, every word sounded absurd to my own ears as I struggled to form a normal sentence for my own defense.

     "Did you really think that you could play me like that?" After that sentence, everything in me screamed to run and hide. His voice which had gotten raspy, and cold at the same time were getting under my skin, causing shiver after shiver to run down my spine.

       "Did you seriously think I would fall for your sweet little act, Chloe?" At the mentioning of my name, his rough fingers cupped my chin in a tight, hurtful grip and titled my head with force up. At the sight, my eyes instantly squinted themselves shut, the horrible view still printed in my head like a tattoo.