Chapter Twenty-Two

Hello! :)

Yep, it's me and yeah, I did update! Shocker, I know. I'll just pat myself on the back for that and get myself some chocolate for such an improvement. :D

Anyways, enjoy reading!

Just a warning: This chapter contains violation and rape. If you are against reading such things, I suggest to not read this. 

Melxx

__________________________________________

The immense pain was gone. The feeling of my lungs beings squished, ripped and stomped over again and again had vanished just like that as my eyes fluttered themselves open on their own accord.

It felt like pure bliss. I felt free, independent and just, free. Nothing of all the heavy emotions I felt, all the pain, fright and anger were gone and I was floating in happiness. As if I'd been born into a world all over again, with no past whatsoever in mind, with only the excitement of how new everything was to me. The surroundings of mine were glowing and shining so brightly that a gasp left my lips at the awed state I was in. 

I sat up on the ground I woke up on, feeling my skin prickle with joy upon seeing the clear, blue sky and the bright sun above me. The trees surrounding me were glowing brightly as the sun streamed through the branches and leafs. Never have I felt so alive again and as I saw two figures nearing me, a rush full of memories came flooding back at me as I sprung up from the ground and ran towards them with the widest grin imaginable. 

"Mom? Dad?" I shouted excitedly, running towards my parents with arms wide open. With every step that led me closer to them, I could make out their caring and loving facial expressions that followed my every step. Crinkles appeared on my mother's face as she threw her head back, laughing softly at my sight while my father had mimicked me by opening his wide open, waiting with a big grin and watery eyes for me. 

And finally what felt like a century to me, I wrapped my arms around my dad's waist with my head buried in his chest as I inhaled deeply the familiar scent that could always calm me down in any situation. I closed my eyes as a genuine smile took over my features by still hearing the soft, melody like sound of my mother laughing softly. I felt her gentle caressing on my hair and tears began to prickle beneath my closed eyes. I had missed them, so much.        

"I missed you, my sweet Chloe."

It was like someone had poured icy cold water against my body as I stiffened upon hearing those three last words. Somehow, they caused those emotions I thought I was free of to reappear as my eyes shot open in pure horror. My body went rigid and I let my arms drop as if the person who mere seconds ago was still my dad had burned me. Though that was it. Chances to put some much needed distance between the close proximity was not an option with the firm grip he had on me by holding my waist.

I closed my eyes as I let out a shaky breath, thinking that this could not be happening, that I had succeeded in killing myself and that I was now in peace by being finally reunited with my parents.

Fingertips brushed the outline of my quivering bottom lip, causing shivers to appear. My eyes were still sealed shut as I was refusing and too scared to face the person that put me through so much suffering that I decided to go for one thing I used to be so wholeheartedly against of- committing suicide. Wasn't it pathetic? I used to think that no one would have it that bad in their lives to even think about hurting themselves in a way like that. I knew that there were people who have it bad, really bad but not once had it crossed my mind that they would give up on hope and faith completely to end their lives. Till he came into my life.