The Beginnings...

The day is Christmas Eve, 2018 in a cold Ohio town...

Sonic is cuddled by a warm fireplace staring at the dark, cold, snow falling outside. Suddenly, loud knocking erupt at his door. Sonic leaps towards the door hopefully. He is greeted by Paul Blart, a fantastic looking man. Sonic is starting to feel different... 

Sonic begins to say "H-Hey, a-are you ok?", as his eyes widen. Paul Blart responses whole heartily, "Hello, my name is Paul Blart". The tension between them increased. Sonic responded, "D-do you need help. P-please, c-come in". Paul Blart suddenly erupts with excitement:"YES!! I meant *cough*... Yes, that would be nice." Paul slowly rolls in on his segway, making sure to flaunt his skill in the arts of the s-way. Sonic reaches to close the door behind him when a cool breeze brushes his face. "Are you cold?'' asks Blart. "N-No I-I-I'm just c-cold" proclaims Sonic with an eagerness in his chilled voice.

Sonic proceeds to take Paul into his dining room. "D-Do you want some f-food." asks Sonic. "No thank you. I'm trying to lower my cholesterol intake". They begin stare at the warm fire, each knew what they were thinking, but none dared to say. Sonic begins to say "L-let me show you around my h-home". Sonic begins to show him his main room. "A-And here is my trophy collection", Sonic explains. Blart responses "It's lovely Sonic."

Sonic then showed Blart into his cold and damp garage. Blart stares at amazement at Sonic's shiny new 2013 Chevy Malibu. Blart wanted to go for a ride, but he was too embarrassed to ask. Sonic then showed Blart his bedroom. The room was warm and cozy and made Sonic began to feel funny. Sonic and Blart sat down next to each other on the bed. They began to stare into each other's eyes, but they said nothing.

Sonic decides to take off his shoes. Blart stared with amazement at Sonic's big feet. They sat there in silence, amazed. Then Sonic began to passionately show off his tail. Blart looks at him, trying to hide his drooling. He began to start looking at the world differently. Regardless, Sonic notices Paul's intense stare and becomes embarrassed. He puts his shoes back on slowly with a sense of longing.

"I-I'm sorry", said Sonic, with his eyes watering.

"No its fine", proclaimed Blart.

"L-Lets go to the pool" said Blart. 

"N-No, let's do s-something else", said Sonic with an scared voice. 

"Why, are you scared?" Blart mocks. 

"No I-I just... I cant swim", Sonic says with tears in his eyes.

Blart looks back in surprise. "Oh... I'm sorry. I can teach you." Sonic looks up from the floor at Blart's lush mustache. He realizes something...

"W-Why don't we j-just stay here?" Sonic proclaims.

After a suggestion from Blart, Sonic pulls out his GameCube, and they begin to play their favorite game, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, for hours. Blart suddenly looks at the clock and realizes that he is late for work.

"What's wrong?" Sonic asks curiously.

"D*MMIT! I'M LATE FOR WORK!!" Blart shouted.

Sonic stops to think. "Why can't I come and work with you?", Sonic asks.

"I never thought of that..." Blart fibs.

"Well that settles it! I'll work with you." Sonic exclaimed.

That cold morning was a turning point for both of them. Paul got to ride in the Malibu, and Sonic finally found a job. As they rode to the mall, neither of them realized that their lives were going to completely change...