Part 9

Masky POV

I stood in the kitchen and looked for something for me and Toby to eat when Jack knocked on the window. I opened it for him and he climbed in.

"Why are you coming in thorough the window?" I asked and raised an eyebrow, which was pretty pointless since I had my mask on and he couldn't see my face anyway.

"Because BEN's in the living room." He said and jumped into the kitchen.

"Yeah, he is...? That still doesn't answer my question."

"I don't like him." He hissed. "He's freaking creepy."

I snorted and continued to look for something to eat. 

"What are you looking for?" He asked and closed the window.

"Just something for us to eat." I said. "To be honest I kind of needed an excuse to leave, I have no idea of what to do to not make anything worse. It feels like it was in a way my fault, I knew what I said hurt him but I never knew he was sad enough to try to end his life. Maybe if I had had just been more observant I could have done something to help."

"Well, there were probably something we all could have done but it's too late to think about that now, the best thing right now is probably to be with him at all times, or as close to that as possible, to prevent this to happen again. Also, it's probably best if it's you and not me, I think he's scared of me." He said and sounded seriously confused.

I'll blame it on the stress of the last few days but I started laughing and didn't seem to be able to stop. 

I tried to catch my breath and tried to speak. "No, why would anyone be scared of you? I mean, you are not creepy at all, unlike I don't know, BEN." I said and started laughing even more.

"Just shut up."

He walked out and I continued to look for something edible, I found like every part of the human body, thanks Jack, and waffles. Nice.

I put them in the toaster, waited while they got ready and then went back to the med wing. 

"Hi Toby, want a waffle?" I asked and gave him one. "It's pretty late, it might be a good idea to get back to your room."

"Yeah, maybe." He said and looked down at his hands.

We ate in silence and then I helped him stand up. We walked through the mansion slowly, I had to help him stay upright and I was thankful that there were no stairs we needed to climb. 

When we arrived I realized something... I had totally destroyed that door and since our rooms are the only place with any kind of heat and it gets freezing in the corridors at night it's probably not a good idea to stay in a room without a door. I sighed. 

"I guess we have to find somewhere else." I said and led him to my room. "You can wait here while i go and look for something if you want to." He nodded and sat down on my bed. I closed the door behind me. I walked all around the mansion but couldn't find any spare room, it seemed like everyone would come home either today or tomorrow. 

I went back too my room and saw Toby still sitting in my bed. 

"I couldn't find anything." I said.

"It's okay, I can't feel the cold anyway." He mumbled, he wouldn't look up at me. 

I sighed. "You can stay here."

"Bu-"

"No protests, you stay here and I'll just sleep on the couch or something, it's fine."

"Okay... I'll just go get my pyjamas and stuff."

"No, you stay there and I'll get it, just go brush your teeth or whatever when I'm gone, there is a spare toothbrush beside the sink." I said and left. 

I came back a couple of minutes later and gave Toby his stuff and went to take a shower.

When I was finished I put on some clothes and went back out, I looked over at Toby. He looked back at me and stood up, he was wearing a too big long sleeved shirt with a fluffy panda and a pair of dark blue lose pants. He smiled faintly and wrapped his bandaged arms around me.

"Thank you Masky." He whispered. I just stared after him, why was he thanking me? I hugged him back. He let go of me and went back to the bed.

I sat down in the couch and after a while emptily staring at Toby...No, not creepy...I had nothing better to do until I fell asleep a while later. 

I woke up after a couple of hours, the room was dark and I felt something heavy against my leg. I looked down and found Toby curled up on the couch beside me, with his head on my thigh. 

I smiled and put my arm around him. "Everything is going to be fine." I whispered, it has to be.

Hey... Sorry for the late update, right now we have the national exams so I'm really tired all the time and I have so much other stuff to do in school. It's the last part of 9th grade and I really need to get good grades to get into the gymnasium I want to go to so yeah... It will probably be some more late updates, sorry for that!

Hope you enjoyed!! Btw, wasn't the last part just so cute? I thought it was and kinda had a total fangirl moment when I wrote it...in history class...with lots of people around... xD