2. The mission

Toby POV

*The next day*

"We take the bus down there, no complaining. When we arrive, we hides in the forest and wait for everyone to get home and then we go in through the back window." Masky said.

"Couldn't have taken you long to think that out, what's the point of having a plan if it's the exact same thing we would have done without one?" Hoodie asked.

"You should always have a plan, even if the mission is as straight forward as this one and you know that. It's a family of four, two children and they have a dog but that won't be a problem since it's outside the front of the house and there is no reason to hurt it. Anyway, let's go pack our bags."

I walked up the stairs to my room, there was a black backpack in the corner where we put all the things needed on the mission that we couldn't be seen with in public, like my hatchets, two small knifes and a gun. I walked down again to see Masky and Hoodie standing in the hallway outside the kitchen, hoods pulled low, hiding their masked faces. I'd put my orange googles and mouth guard in the bag since I'm usually the one talking when needed.

We arrived at the busstop and waited, Hoodie playing some game on his phone and Masky was just standing there, waiting. I sat down on the grass but quickly realized that it was far from dry and flew up.

"What's wrong now?" Masky asked with an annoyed voice.

I didn't answer and he turned away. The bus arrived, 10 minutes late, and we sat down in the back. Thankfully there weren't any other passengers so I took the chance to ask more about the mission.

"Why do we have to k-kill them, what have t-they done?" I asked Masky.

"Don't question your orders." He said, still not looking at me.

"I d-don't, I just wanna know.." I answered truthfully.

"Well, they have multiple times come too close to the mansion, it's as simple as that, we can't let them live for our own safety." He explained.

The bus ride went on for almost an hour and we got of in a small neighborhood. 

"Which one is it?" I asked, referring to the rows of almost identical houses.

"That one, with the big tree in the front." He said, pointing at a light gray one with big windows and a huge oak tree in the front. There were no cars in driveway and the lights were off. The three of us walked into the forest, far away from the houses so that no one would suspect anything and then we went back to hide behind it. 

It didn't take long for the family to get home in their blue car. They got out and went into the house.

"Just a moment now." Masky said and I and hoodie said "Yes." and prepared to run to the house.

We ran through the backyard and Hoodie threw a rock at the window, causing it to break. We went in through the broken window and came into a living room, we could here a woman telling the children in a hushed, paniced voice to go upstairs and hide. They were in the kitchen, Masky crept up behind the man, slitting his throat with a smal knife, he crumpled down to the floor, getting blood all over the carpet. Behind him stood the woman, her eyes full of terror.

"F*ck" Hoodie yelled, "Didn't you see? Those damn kids had a phone, we have to find them before they do something." 

"Rodgers, go get them." Masky said

"P-please, let t-them go, they haven't done a-anything wrong, so ple..." She was cut of by a loud bang and immediately a crimson stain started to grow over her heart, her eyes widened in shock and she fell down to the floor too, dead.  

I just stood there and stared, it's not that I have a problem with killing, I'd just never seen anyone being shot before. It all seemed so unfair, if you kill them with a knife, axe or whatever, in a way, they still have a chance. But a bullet to the heart or head? They're dead.

"What are you doing!? Go get them, now!" Maskys voice dispelled my thought.

Bye and hope you enjoyed <3