Chapter4: Improvement Well Almost (edited)

(Alex's POV)

Here I am crying like a little baby trying to make it stop but it just keeps coming. I never thought I'd break down especially with a girl who is Miriam. I have no idea what I was thinking but when I'm here with her for some odd reason I feel okay and I could tell her anything. It’s like this girl has magic powers and you know you can tell her anything without you getting judged and she’ll keep it to herself. I calmed down after a few moments still in Miriam's arms and then stepped away. It's dark but I can tell she is looking at me. She sighs and then says "Alex you know it's not your fault that's just how life intends to be with us no one said life was fair. I mean I wished I had a dad but I guess that's just how my life has to be just me and my mom".

I get up and take her hands in mine and I do something that's crazy for me that I have never done to a girl I hug her hard. She gasps as I pull her into my embrace and then hugs me back. We stay in each other’s time for what seems like hours and I feel great to be honest but then it’s over to soon.

"Thanks Angel" I kiss her forehead and walk out since it stopped raining.

(Miriam POV)

I see him walk out and heading towards his home I guess. Damn that was really weird I feel sorry for him maybe Zach was right he acts that way because of the things that's has happened to him but there is something else it can't just be the death of his mom. I clear those thoughts and then head to my room to go to sleep.

**

The next morning I wake up at 7am all the electricity came back and I find my lights on. I get up and head to the restroom to get ready. After 20 min of getting ready I'm wearing some grey skinny jeans and a white blouse with a black hoodie and my hair in a side ponytail. My mom hasn't came so I call her but it goes straight to voicemail. I leave her message saying to call me back during lunch or text me so I know that she is okay. I grab a pop tart and bag and head to school.

On my way I listen to my iPod listening to Staying Up by The Neighborhood. I got to school and the bell still hasn't rang I go to my locker and Zach is there texting intently. "Hey Zachy" I smile at him. He closes his phone and then looks at me and smiles and gives me a hug.

I put my books in and I grab my notebooks and my book that I'm reading it’s called "Blood Magic" by Tessa Gratton really good book so far. "So how was the first tutoring session" he asks. I take a breath and then spill the beans. I tell him about what he told me and that it got him really upset. I didn't want to tell him about the specifics because it’s his confession not mine and I don't think he would want people to know so I kept the confession to myself.

"So you aren't going to tell me are you?" Zach says. I shake my head and then he says "That just shows how much I trust you but fine don't tell me "he mumbles.

"Okay enough with Alex how did you and your mother deal with the storm?" I ask out of curiosity since I didn't so well.

"We had tons of flashlights on and yea how about you?" he asks.

"Well this goes back to Alex he was in my house until the storm passed and my mom didn't come home you know she staying late at work now in days it's strange" I say.

"Mir come on it's your mom you’re talking about" he whispers. "I know your right I'm just tired I guess" I mumble.

The bell rings and we both head to class. When I enter class I find Alex in his seat actually on time which surprises me I turn to Zach and he shrugs and then sits with his partner. I make my way to Alex and give me a small smile and I give him one back. He looks adorable with his hair that looks like he just woke up and didn't bother fixing it. OH MY GOD!? What am I saying don't you hate when your brain contradicts your words.

I sit down and take out the work that we had done at my house yesterday. "So how are you doing today?" I ask. "I'm doing better you" He states. “A bit tired but other than I'm great" I give him a smile. "See you shouldn't be studying all the time it gets you tired" I notice the sarcasm in his voice.

"Yeah you’re right I'll stop studying as soon as I become the person I want to be" I smirk. "I'll help you become the person you want to be" he smirks back at me. "Eww no you’re gross" I scrunch up my nose in disgust.

"Come on Angel you know you can't live without me and my sexy body" he grins. "Your right I can't live without your jerkiness and your cockiness" I smirk. He leans into my ear and whispers "You know I'll make you fall for me". I shiver as his breath tickles my ear sending the butterflies in my stomach go everywhere. I shake my head and glare at him. He chuckles a bit and then says "Love you to Angel".