Chapter Thirty Nine: 9mm Bullet

Start from the beginning

"Watch and learn." I smirked to Alex, placing my ball down at the start line. Instead of aiming for the bridge I took my club and punted the ball into the air and right over the bridge, safely landing on the other side and right next to the red flag.

"Show off." Alex sighed.

"Well when you beat me you can brag all that you want." I said, sticking my tongue out at him, hopping over the river and to where my ball was.

At the last hole the standings were, Jason in first who had finished already and had literally smoked the rest of us. Alex and I were in the midst of a fight for second with the same scores each, and the rest of the group followed. Poor Amy, literally failing in last place. It was kind of funny though to see her get all red and worked up over her short comings, throwing her club into the grass, pulling on her ears, possibly screaming, it was hilarious actually.

I went before Alex now, scoring an easy birdie. I didn't even have to go get my ball either since the last hole was one of those pipes that just carried your ball back to the main building, which I thought was the coolest thing ever.

"Ha! Beat that Alex." I taunted, leaning on my club at the end of the green and watching him set himself up. He actually didn't reply with some sarcastic response or anything, he just remained silent which was very unlike him. But no shit he fucking smacked that ball on a dime and it flew straight into the hole, one shot. All I could do was remain speechless and stare at the hole where my hopes and dreams of beating him had just been literally buried. He smirked this time, walking past to return his club, ruffling my head fur as he walked by. That dick.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=Alex=-

I can't even begin to explain how great it felt to put Evan in his place and beat him. And the look on his face as my little red ball soared through the air and effortlessly dissapeared into the ground as a hole in one was absolutely priceless.

Everyone else finished up their games and joined the rest of us by the bright red barn which had been repurposed and turned into an arcade. When we were all back together again, we walked inside. A large blast of cold air rushed forward to greet us, which was a welcomed and nice contrast to the hot air outside.

"Did I ever mention how much I freaking love air conditioning?" I asked outloud, shutting my eyes and spreading my arms out, embracing the cold. A few minutes later I had a plastic card with twenty dollars worth of credit on it.

"Ooh, Deer Hunter!" I heard Alyssa say from behind me.

"Hol' the fuck up, did someone say Deer Hunter?" I asked, pivoting 180 degrees and walking over to Alyssa, who was holding a red plastic rifle and pointing it at an arcade machine. "Let me in on this." I said, swiping mg card into the machine as well, starting the two player mode. I picked up the other rifle and also pointed it at the screen.

I guess Alyssa and I have some talent for hunting together because we were doing pretty well. And by pretty well I mean starting to draw a small crowd pretty well. Eventually we had completed all of the levels twice over without missing a single shot before we decided to call it quits and not be game hogs. But I guess the byproduct of our triumph in killing innocent animals had gotten us so many tickets that the machine kept pumping them out and out. In fact, I don't think we had even gotten our correct amount before the machine gave up and had to switch over to virtual credit on our cards because it had run out of paper tickets.

"God damn Alex, you and I should go hunting sometime." Alyssa said in awe, admiring the armfull of tickets that I had.

"Looks like it." I said, smiling as I carried the tickets over to where Evan and Brandon were locked into a ferocious air hockey match. Evan eventually came out on top, doing a trickshot off of the wall.