Chapter Thirteen: Like a Bird

Hi, so I'm barely able to juggle all of these characters in my head and I made them, so I might cut back a bit on the heavy POV changes and focus more on a few. This doesn't mean I'm cutting them out, just keeping it more simple.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=Jason=-

I woke up to my phone buzzing. I instinctively swiped my paw across the screen to turn my alarm off, and the vibrations ceased. But wait...I never set an alarm for today!

"Jason? Hello?" Evan's voice called from my phone. I must've answered it when I swiped.

"I'm here, what's up it's like five in the morning dude." I asked, pulling the phone to my ear and letting out a silent yawn.

"I know I know, I'm sorry. I just needed to tell you I'm going to be out of town for a few days so don't worry about me." He said calmly.

"Where you going bud?" I asked, yawning again.

"Just somewhere pretty far away, to meet Alex's family." He answered vaguely. Sometimes this wolf concerns me.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=Evan=-

I had a mixed palette of feelings. I was happy, excited, scared, and a little sad to be leaving home and meeting Alex's family and leaving home. The bathroom door clicked open to reveal Alex with the only thing covering him being the white towel wrapped around his waist.

"Morning love." He casually said, throwing on a sweatshirt from his suitcase. I was just finishing mine up now, but I needed a shower. I still had some...you know...stuff all over me. I picked out a simple outfit and brought it to the bathroom with me, setting it on the counter and turning the shower dial on. Cold showers are the besssssst. I thought to myself as I stepped through the curtain. I let the water flow over me for about five minutes before starting to actually clean myself. I turned the shower off as the last suds from my conditioner were swept down the drain.

Three hours later we were pulling our bags out of the back of a taxi. As the driver sped away, we both looked up at the Alitalia Airlines sign that hung on two black chains from the overhang.

"This is the one..." Alex stated before he started to walk through the sliding doors with me close behind. As we walked in I was amazed at how different everything looked from what I had imagined. You see, I've never actually flown before, the mere thought of it scared me to death. There were five machines that looked like MRI machines and Alex and I got in line for one. This is going to be hopeless.

-<☆>-

After making it through security, which was even worse than previously described to me, we were sitting in two leather chairs waiting in the terminal for our plane to arrive. We had gotten coffee at a small café near our gate and while Alex was occasionally sipping at his, I love my coffee, a little too much. I took the last sip and dropped the paper cup into the trash can beside my chair.

"Done already?!" Alex asked.

"Don't act surprised." I giggled, giving him a kiss on the cheek. He shrugged, causing me to laugh. That was until a bitchy voice broke our moment.

"Ew we don't need fags like you ruining our youth!" Alex and I both looked up to see a gazelle mother covering the eyes of her foal with her hooves. Before either of us had a chance to say anything, it was the most unlikely suspect that spoke up.

"Momma let them be, they aren't doing anything wrong, they only in love!" The child under her arms complained. Alex raised his brows and pointed to the boy.

"Kid's got a point." He said, causing me to crack up. The mom huffed as she dragged her son away, giving us one last disgusted look as she took a seat facing awat from us as far away as possible. "Some people..." Alex sighed, me nodding in agreement.

"Now boarding Group A for flight #7037 to Italy." The flight attendant called over a microphone at the gate desk.

"That's us, grab your ticket." Alex instructed as we made our way to the black lab flight attendant who was scanning tickets. I pulled mine out of my pocket, unfolding it as she reached the scanner out to check it.

"All good hun, enjoy your flight." She smiled and I walked through the thick metal door to the bridge. When we had stowed our carry-ons in the overhead compartment, we sat in our sears and buckled. I turned my phone off as the pilot instructed us to and we started to taxi over to the actual runway. By now my nerves had started to get to me and I was quivering. Alex must've noticed because he wrapped his arm around meand kissed the top of my head. It made me feel safer being in his grasp and I relaxed a bit. That was until the plane started speeding up. It sounded like a wind tunnel as the plane roared down the runway and when the wheels lifted off the ground I yelped.

"Calm down my little wolf, you'll be safe with me." Alex reassured me as he smiled down into my eyes. A caring smile. Guess I'll just have to trust him...
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Hi. So sorry this chapter was a bit short as it was kind of a filler but think of it as a part one to the next chapter, I just wanted to release something today. Btw, heads up, next chapter will have a spicy moment but don't worry I'll tell you when.

Also, I could really use a female character so if you want me to use one of yours feel free to message me the details. Alternative is that I have to make one up.

Thanks for reading!! ^-^