Chapter Twenty Five: No Time

-=Jason=-

I stood there, silently in shock for about five seconds before I took any action.

"Evan!" Alex yipped in surprise, starting to get up from the bed. That was what shattered whatever spell that was cast over me, turning me into a statue. By now Alex was within an arm's reach. I slapped his paw away, hard.

"Get your fucking paws away from him, you've done enough already." I spoke through gritted teeth. I quickly picked Evan's motionless body up at swung him over my shoulder as gently as throwing someone could be, rushing out of the dorm leaving Alex there, naked, paw still outstretched, and white as a sheet. While I was running, I was faced with the task of having to contemplate what to do. I don't even know what was actually wrong, all I did know is that blood came out of the wrong pipe and that could never mean anything good. But there was one no-brainer task that I decided to tackle first. I have to get him to the closest hospital to us, as fast as physically possible by the looks of it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=Summer=-

It was exactly 36 minutes into 2018 when my phone rang. Jason's contact photo flashed on my screen, and little did I know that this phone call was about to make tonight really fucking bad. But, oblivious from what had been taking place in the outside world over the past half an hour, I answered my phone without any second thoughts whatsoever.

It was Jason's tone of voice that instantly alerted me that something had gone horribly wrong.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=Phone Call=-

J: Summer...

S: What's wrong?

J: Just...just...get to the hospital quick. You, and only you, they won't let too many people stay here. It's Evan.

--End of Conversation--

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=Summer=-

I had no idea what was wrong, but the words Evan and hospital combined with Jason's tone of voice could only mean something horrible. In fact, this gave me an eerie thought, this is just like before...

"What's wrong Summer?" Rob asked. "You look like a ghost." I had forgotten that I wasn't alone, and the sounds of furs scared the shit out of me. But I didn't have the time to be worrying about how I felt, nor did I have the time to be answering questions, partially because I also didn't have the slightest clue what was going on. I rushed out the door, grabbing my keys in the process. I tore along the hallway and took the stairs three at a time, and before I knew it I was in a complete sprint across the parkig lot and towards my car. When I was driving I was going way over the speed limit and running every red light. Thank God that it was in the middle of the night, because if it wasn't I would not be able to say that anyone would be safe, because I'd still be peeling my car around the corners and lights like it meant life or death, which it very well might.

The ride, one in which should have taken me fifteen minutes, only took me six, and I ran into the ER enterence, and right up to the front desk. I was forced by biology to take a minute to catch my breath (to an extent) and theb I was finally able to force any words out of my mouth.

"Evan Black! I need to see him!" I demanded pretty loudly, but I didn't have the time to care about ediquate or manners, all that mattered right now was getting to Evan and Jason. The nurse, clearly sensing the desparation in my voice, furiously tapped away at her keyboard.

"I'm assuming you're imediate family or at least someone very important to Mr. Black, he's in room 406, just down this hall." The blue jay nurse said, pointing down the adjacent hallway. I ran down the hallway, ignoring the command by the cop monitoring the halls and straight to room 406. I opened the door and rushed inside, met by a depressing sight. On he other side of the room a little black wolf laying on a hospital bed, at least four monitors beeping beside him, an intubation tube down his throat, and countless wires coming off of his body and into various machinery around him. On his muzzle was a dark stain that haden't been cleaned off yet, and beside the bed were two chairs, one of them occupied by Jason, looking depressed in every definition of the word.

"Evan..." I said quietly, almost in defeat as I closed the door behind me and walked over to take the seat next to Jason. "What the hell happened?" I asked, looking over to Jason, who was sitting there with a blank expression on his face.

"I-I have no idea. Nor do the doctors, so they hooked him up to life support and put him into a coma. They're testing his blood as we speak." He said, still looking at the unmoving Evan in front of us.

"Well, then wherevs Alex? He of all people should be here." I asked, I mean, he was his boyfriend after all. But Jason's reaction kind of surprised me, he didn't answer in words, but got visibally pissed off.

"That motherfucker can go burn jn hell." He growled out, which is impressive, because he is most definitely a bird.

"What did he do?" I asked, curious to hear what else could possibly be wrong about right now.

"Asshole was fucking his ex. Evan and I went searching for him when we were mad about him not being with all of us, and we both caught Alex in the act in his dorm. Then...then Evan doubled over and threw up more blood than I ever thought possible, and now we're here." He recounted. How the fuck could Alex do something like that? To Evan of all people! During my thinking, a soft knock came from the door.

"Come in." Jason said hoplessly. In stepped a lioness doctor.

"Hi, my name is Dr. Chatte," she said in a heavy French accent, "we rushed Mr. Black's blood draws to the lab as fast as possible, and we believe that we have discovered what seems to be ailing him. And I must say, it isn't pretty." Oh great.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Cliffhanger!! Sorry.