Chapter Twenty Two: Christmas Part III

-=Evan=-

It wasn't until the afternoon until I woke up. And now, it's even worse because I was the first person up. Or so I thought. I sat up, groggily grabbing my head. Hangover. Great.

"Oh lookie here, someone actually got up." A whisper said from the couch. Wait. The couch? It took me a second to realize that I had passed out under the coffee table. I looked up to see the source of the whisper and found it to be Jason, who sat dressed in a Santa costume with Alyssa laying across his lap in a slutty reindeer costume. I raised an eyebrow at him, giving him a "really?" look. He threw his claws up over his head.

"Hey man, don't judge, you're clearly not in any place to do so." He said, gesturing to my crippled form on my living room floor. I took the next few seconds to observe my surroundings, preparing myself to embrace the worst. But to be honest, it wasn't as bad as I had assumed. In fact, everyone besides our main friend group was gone, and most of the trash was gathered into piles and groupings, a full trash bag even nicely placed leaning up against the wall next to the door. Hm, guess I have good guests.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked.

"Well, first, merry Christmas." He said.

"Oh my God I forgot! Wow that party must have done a number on me haha." I stated, grabbing my head again in a sign of pain

"But to answer your question, Amy is on top of your cabinets, Alex is leaning over the toilet without pants on, Brandon, who actually drank something is in a guest bedroom, and Rob and Summer are locked in the bedroom at the end of the hall."

Hey so I know that the layout of his dorm may be a bit confusing, so I took the liberty to draw up a blueprint for you guys. [Btw all of the unnamed circles are lamps and the unnamed rectangles are tables.]

"Holy

"Holy..." I started to say, looking into the kitchen to see that Amy was no lie, curled up on top of my cabinets.

"Yeah. Anyways I didn't want to be the one to wake everyone up." He said.

"I've got just the trick." I said, plugging my ears. Jason did the same, looking lost with where I was going with this. I then reached over the table to grab the remote, pressing the unmute button. What followed was a pure masterpiece, unable to be described in any other way besides people screaming as they woke up to "Carol of the Bells" coming through the audio system at full blast.

"AH KILL IT WITH FIRE!!" Alyssa said, waking from her deep slumber on Jason's lap. I quickly turned off the volume again, I had played it just long enough to ensure that everyone in the entire building had heard it.

"The fuck you on Evan?!" She said angrily, still plugging her ears as if another audio attack could happen at any second.

"The fuck you dreaming about that makes you imediately jump to incineration?" I retorted.

"Well played. But I'm still gonna beat your ass later for that." She said.

"Really?" I questioned sarcastically, an evil and sly grin on my face as I hovered my paw over the remote in a very threatening manner.

"Do it and fucking die." Brandon said, making his appearance from the dark shadows of the hallway.

"Fine, fine." I said in defeat, drawing my paw away.

"Where's Amy?" Alyssa asked, lookig around.

"Up here." Amy replied, talking from still atop the cabinets.

"The fuck you doin' up there?" Alyssa asked, startled to see Amy inches from the ceiling.

"Do you need a stool, Amy? I asked, looking at her precarious situation.

"Nah I've got it." She said, shaking her head. She then hopped down to the counter and then to the floor, making barely any noise in the process.

"God damn cotton-tails." Alyssa said, closing her eyes and shaking her head, giving a fake dissaproving look. About fifteen minutes later everyone had made it outside of their rooms, Alex had found his pants, and we were all arranged in a large circle around the living room to give out gifts. I was sitting next to Alex on my right and Rob on my left. We passed everyone's presents out and decided that the correct order should be youngest to oldest, and conveniently I was said youngest, with Rob being the oldest. I started by opening the present from Jason, it being a fancy-looking leather-bound book. I got a box of expensive Honduran coffee from Alyssa, a gold watch from Brandon, a book full of sheet music from Summer, a golden mouthpiece from Amy, and a CD set of jazz music from Rob. It was finally time to open the girft that Alex had gotten me. I opened it to reveal a framed vinyl record by my favorite jazz artist and it was signed.

"OHMYGODTHANKYOUSOMUCH!!" I said really fast, bouncing up and down, barely able to constrain my excitement.

"I knew you'd like it." Alex responded, giving a warm smile.

-<☆>-

"Alex, it's your final one, and it's from me." I said nudging my boyfriend on the shoulder and pointing to the smaller box. He carefully removed the wrapping paper to reveal a small, black felt box, and when he opened it my true gift was inside, sparkling. I kneeled down next to him, putting it on him as he sat there in shock.

"There you go, fits perfectly." I said happily. He looked down to examine the shimmering silver...

...chain I had clasped around his neck. [Haha lmfao you thought he was proposing didn't you? XD]

"Evan, I love it." He said happily, holding the metal collar in his paws. I do have to say, this was probably the best Christmas ever...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Thanks for reading! Chapter 23: In Between, is now in the making.