Chapter 2

I was surprised how empty the room was. Besides Qrow, Raven, and me, there was only about twenty people. I guess Ozpin was picky about who he accepted into Beacon. I took a seat near Qrow and looked at the paper that was laid on my desk. It seemed simple enough. The front page had basic questions about fighting Grimm and landing strategy. I glanced at Raven, who had already started. I guess she noticed that I was staring at her, because her head snapped up. She turned and glared at me.

"What are you looking at?" she snapped.

"Nothing. I'm sorry," I said.

I quickly looked away from her and started on the first page. When I was about halfway through, I saw Raven get up and turn in her exam.

"She finished quick," I whispered.

Qrow turned to me. "Yeah. She's pretty smart when it comes to fighting. Do you have the answer to forty-seven?"

"Qrow!" I snapped. "That's cheating!"

Qrow just grinned. "It's only cheating if you get caught."

I sighed and gave him the answer quickly. Qrow ended up finishing around the same time as me because I had to stop and give him the answers to every couple of questions. We turned in our exams and headed out the front door where Raven was waiting.

"Took you long enough," she said. "Now all we have to do is wait for our results."

"We have to wait?" I asked.

"You can if you want. Most just go home and wait for their results by mail. Our tribe where we come from is too far from here, so we really don't have a choice but to wait," Qrow explained.

"I already have my things with me, so I guess I'll wait with you two," I said.

"Fine with me," Qrow said.

"Whatever," Raven mumbled.

After a few hours, most of the people were gone. About four or five stayed. Ozpin walked outside a few minutes later and started to talk to one student at a time. Based on the reactions I saw, it seemed not every student passed the exam. One girl was crying as she walked passed us and towards the train station.

"I was hoping that you three would stay behind," a voice said.

I looked up and saw Ozpin standing in front of me.

"I'm happy to say that the three of you passed the exam with flying colors. Since initiation is set to begin in a few days, there is an option for you to stay in a temporary dormitory until you are assigned official teams," he suggested.

"I'll take your offer on that," I said.

"Me and my sister have nowhere else to go. It wouldn't hurt to stay in a dorm," Qrow said.

"Splendid. These specific dorms are separated by gender. So you and Raven will have to share a dorm," Ozpin said to me.

"Wait. What?! I don't want to share a dorm with her!" Raven snapped.

I glared at Raven. "What did I ever do to you?"

"You're annoying and childish. Quite frankly, you're too young to be at Beacon. Can you really handle all of this?"

"Ozpin seems to think so," I replied.

"Who cares what Ozpin thinks? You should just get your things and go home," Raven said. "You're not cut out for this type of training."

"Whatever. I'll prove you otherwise on initiation," I snapped.

"I look forward to it, child," Raven said, making her way toward the dorms.

"Ugh... is she always so... difficult?" I asked.

"Pretty much. I'll see you in a few days, Summer. I hope we get to be on the same team, too," Qrow said, flashing me a smile as he walked away.

Sighing, I went the direction Raven had gone and eventually found the dorms and walked inside. I found Raven staring out the window. I knew better than to say anything, so I set my stuff beside a bed and laid down. Maybe Raven was right... maybe I was too young to handle all of this. As I closed my eyes slowly to drift to sleep, my mind started to fill with doubt...