Preface

"Take that, you foul beast!"

I sliced the Beowolf in two like it was made of nothing. That's what I loved about my sword, Vendetta. It was one of the sharpest and sturdiest swords in Remnent. It can slice through pretty much anything. I watched as the Beowolf turned into dust. The battle wasn't over yet. There were several more of them charging at me. I tightened my grip and leaped into the air. I landed on a Beowolf's back and sliced it's head off with ease. The rest of the Beowolves must've gotten the message. They stopped charging at me and ran off the other direction.

"Cowards," I mumbled.

"Excuse me, young lady."

Startled, I quickly turned around to see who was speaking to me. I saw a tall man with grey hair and brown eyes. He wore an unzipped suit with a green shirt and a green scarf. He had a cane with a number of symbols I didn't recognize.

"I... I'm sorry, but who are you?" I asked.  

He walked closer and leaned toward me.
"You have silver eyes," he said.

I stared at him, confused. "Um... what?"

"My name is Ozpin," he said. "I'm the headmaster of Beacon Academy. I couldn't help but notice your skill in battle earlier. Where did you learn that kind of skill in swordsmanship?"

"Signal," I replied.

"I see. What is your name?"

"Summer Rose. It's nice to meet you," I said.

"Likewise. Tell me, would you like to attend Beacon?"

"Of course! But I have one more year at Signal before I can attend," I said.

Ozpin looked thoughtful for a moment.
"I think I can make an exception for you. What do you say?"

"I don't know... what if I don't do well? There's so much I need to learn."

"Summer, I wouldn't have suggested it if I didn't think you were ready. I saw you fight. I know you can do this. You're ready," he said.

I was quiet for a long time. I had only just met Ozpin, and he was inviting me to go to Beacon... It seemed like the perfect opportunity.

"Okay, I'll attend Beacon. I'm still not sure if I'm quite ready, but I'll do my best," I said.

"A good answer. I'll see you when you arrive," he said.

"When does enrollment start?" I asked.

"Tomorrow, actually. There will be an entrance exam, but with your skill, it shouldn't be any trouble. I suggest you pack your things tonight. You have a long day ahead of you."

"Right. Thank you Professor Ozpin."

"Good luck Miss Rose," he said.