"I sincerely apologize, I did not mean to frighten you" he said and I waved it off with a smile.

"What are you doing here anyway? I was just about to go up with your coffee"

He covered his mouth and let out a yawn then switched off the coffee machine. "I felt terrible for letting you make my coffee especially since it's 18 minutes past 2" he confessed and grabbed a new mug.

"Want some?" He inquired referring to the coffee ahd I shook my head.

"It's alright honestly,I wanted to do that for you. I mean it's not everyday The Anthony Ferdinand Ramirez pops up in my room looking like a grumbling underpaid intern." He chuckled at my remark and I decided to take in milk after all.

He leaned back on the counter after whipping up the coffee the way he likes it and I was sipping on my glass of milk, my eyes fixed on the crescent moon which could be seen through the kitchen window.

"You gonna tell me what's bothering you?" I asked him and I could see a smile on his lips as they touched the mug.

"Nothing's bothering me Melissa" he denied with a coy smile on his face.

"Ugh don't play these games with me it's 2am and we have to go to work on a few hours."

"The building will be cleared out today, no clients will be let in. Just me and my good staff will be in there waiting for those blasted bastards to walk in and act like they own the fucking place. So on that note why don't we play those games a little bit more" he teased and leaned in to brush a hair strand behind my ear. 

I stiffened at his sudden movement and stepped back a bit with an annoyed look on my face.

"Look, you came into my room at 2am looking like shit, told me to make you coffee and now you're just pissing me off by pretending you're fine. What's wrong with you Anthony?!" I demanded the truth and nothing but that.

He suddenly became quiet and the his grip on the mug tightened as he looked straight at the wall in front of him.

"I just don't get it...I just don't get it" I heard him whisper inaudibly and my brows scrunched in confusion.

"Don't get what exactly, Mr Ramirez? If there's something bothering you the best thing to do is to talk to someone you trust about it than to keep it buried inside."

"I...I am perfectly fine Melissa. I sincerely apologize that I bothered you at such an hour. I'll take my leave now " he rambled and faked a smile at me.

With a gulp he finished his coffee and placed it in the sink. After murmuring a word of gratitude he turned his back to leave but I grabbed his arm to stop him only to realize how high his temperature was for some reason.

"Anthony! Are you_"

"No Melissa, I'm alright. I just have an important presentation to prepare for today and I think I strangely got cold feet. Thank you for your time " he sternly said drawing his arm away from me quickly and walked away before I could say anything.

I hurriedly went after him. I spotted him on the middle of the stairs staggering to go upstairs. There was definitely something wrong with him.

Why couldn't he just tell me?! I could've helped or something.

"Anthony wait!" I called and ran up the stairs after him. Getting ahead of him I stretched my hands out and blocked his way. Though it seemed futile cause he was towering over me anyways and I was sure I could be lifted like some sheet of paper and blown away.

"M-Melissa please" he stuttered and I could tell he was growing weaker by how loose his grip on the railing was getting.

"You don't have to shoulder it all on your own, Anthony. Allow me to be your safe space, that's the least I could do for all I've caused you. I'll shoulder the burden with you, so please let me in"