So, this dance...

[unedited]
_

Chapter Twenty-Five

_

"Guess who got a date to the dance," Jungkook sings, propping himself on the work table you hustle at. "This sexy twink right-the-fuck-here," the boy's teeth poke over his lips; fingers point to his chest.

Pela smiles next to you. There's a giggle that escapes the woman who greets Jungkook with a cheek kiss. When the boy leans over for you to do the same, you slap his knee from leaning onto your laptop screen.

"Excuse you! Trying to get my degree here!"

"What crawled up your ass? I know it ain't no man." Jungkook tries no smile when Pela hushes him with her eyes. The friend sends warning signs but the boy doesn't listen, teases by pulling your pony tail.

You gasp, lowly growl, then slap his knee again with a whine. Psychology isn't going to finish itself! Fingers move back to focus on screen. Need to be prepared for Ella tomorrow morning...

"Weren't you supposed to be done this by today?" Jungkook peeks at your screen. "You were supposed to meet her this morning, no?"

You don't respond. Jungkook glances at Pela who sighs and whispers in answers for you. "Ella texted her last night asking for a 'rain check'...so our girl over here took that as an opportunity to slack." Pela glances your way hesitantly, then looks back to Jungkook with a, "She was FaceTiming Taehyung all night," exposing you.

Your cheeks get warm

Your cheeks get warm. Now there is no way for you to look away from your screen. They'll see your embarrassment if you do. Psych psych psych psych. Think of psych. Zone them out! Too late. Now you're thinking about Taehyung cuddled into his pillow with the camera zoomed up to his nostrils just so you'd laugh.

Before Jungkook can pull an unimpressed shrug, Pela slaps his thighs and has his feet rest on either side of her thighs on her seat. He towers. She allows, asking, "So this date...?" Jungkook claps his hands. "Yes yes. He's the cute one in Psych! The partner I ditched her for—" he points at you.

There's nothing in the world that can stop you from flipping him off now, so you do. Pettiness concluded, you go back to type.

"Ooo the cutie with the plum-booty?" Pela says, low-fiving Jungkook who nods in the cockiest of ways.

He pokes his fingers under your chin, for amusing agitation, but also catching your attention for the next question, "You got a date yet?"

"No, no one's asked me." You mumble in a tone that screams to be left alone.

Pela's brows furrow when Jungkook doesn't ask her. The confusion folds deeper when Jungkook swings his legs away from her sides. Childishly scratching his neck.