I'm Not Fine

[ warning: crude language]

Chapter Eleven

"Did you want a pencil?" Oki sighs out, plumping on one side of the bench. He wiggles the object in his hand.

"A what?" Taehyung asks, red hood on, eyes squinted. He's back to sitting on the bench and cuddling with his bag.

"A pencil," Oki puts it down, opens his bag up and tosses it in. With an exaggerated lean back, he shoves Taehyung who tries to fall asleep again.

"Wake up, it's almost 3. Don't you have class?"

"I skipped," Taehyung grumbles, shoving away from Oki's hands. He moans tiredly, wanting to catch more rest to his tired eyes.

Oki's brows furrow. "Did you sleep at all last night?"

"No."

The confusion heightens. "Where were you?" Oki whispers, "I heard you leave but didn't hear you come back in." Taehyung doesn't respond.

With a shake of his leg, Oki asks, "This isn't about our breakdown is it? You still mad?"

Taehyung sits up, rubs his face with his hands. Sleepily picking at his eyes, he looks over with red ones. "No, we're fine. I'm no longer mad at you." Oki smiles hesitant, "Really?" Taehyung nods, saying, "I'm not mad...but I'm gonna stay disappointed." Oki's smile falls. "That's fair," he says slow.

Quiet until Taehyung speaks. When he does, it's dark and distant. He says, "I'm glad we talked. You brought me out of denial of clearly not being over Ella...I was getting in your business and that was wrong of me."

Oki nods, "I cheated. It's a touchy subject for you, I understand why you'd project and take things personal."

"I won't anymore." Taehyung says this while thinking about you. Your crying eyes and how he did so much to have you run away from him this morning. There's a part of him the regrets it and wants to be sweet, maybe even apologize. Then there's another part that thinks it was necessary. I'm Oki's friend, not hers. He repeats this in his head, assuring his actions.

Lightening up the mood, Oki grins and shoves Taehyung's shoulder. "Nah, but real deal, where were you last night?"

Taehyung's jaw clenches but Oki doesn't see it. Taehyung's hood protects him. "Nowhere important," he hollows out.

There's another voice suddenly. Jungkook storms towards the bench from behind screaming, "Kim Taehyung what have you—" Just as he was about to yell at the boy for being rude to you, his eyes meet the back of Oki who stands up. Jungkook freezes.

Oki claps hands as a goodbye to Taehyung, smiles kindly at Jungkook and strolls away. Jungkook shakes his head, blinks a million times, and runs. He runs in attempts to change his prey from Taehyung to Oki. With a hop, he's almost attack, but Taehyung holds his jacket back. Swinging him back to reality. "Don't be trying to confront him like that? What're you trying to accomplish?" Taehyung spits under his breath.