(Part 2) Chapter 24: Halloween

L.J. shows up at the door and lets me in while I cover the name on the bag.

"Go ahead and put it in that bucket," he says pointing to a red bucket in the corner.

I put it in and the rest of the guys start to show up after awhile. We hang out and everything till it gets dark and I head home.

oOoOo The Next Day oOoOo

We all race to inside L.J.'s house to that bucket and reach in handing off different bags to each other and backing off once we all get ours in hand.

"Alright, A, since you went first, you gotta change first," L.J. says pointing to the bathroom.

He goes in with a smile and we wait, impatiently. Till we hear it.

"I am gonna kill one of you," he shouts as the door opens.

I bust up laughing while the others try to hold it in but smile at him. He is dressed as a giant eggplant emoji.

"Beth I swear if you did this-"

"I wish I could take credit for this," I say motioning to him as I stop laughing and just smile.

"Uh-huh. Mason, you're next."

He walks in and in no time we hear him shout at us.

"Gray, your dead."

"Get out here!" Gray shouts back in.

He walks out and we all stifle our laughter as he's dressed in a pregnant nun costume that is a short dress reaching past his knees and covering his head.

"Go, L.J," he says before standing beside A.

He goes in and comes back out wearing a Popeye costume with a pipe sticking out of his mouth.

"I can't complain compared to the other two," he says laughing slightly.

Trever walks in and comes out dressed as a crayon. Not just any crayon. One labeled 'skin color' which is extremely lighter than his actual skin color. 

He still has a smile on his face though and walks over to the others.

Alan is next and comes out dressed as Batman.

"I'm pretty happy with this," he says smiling.

But when he turns around I almost lose it and have to stifle my laughs. On the back says, 'Look at my face, that's why I'm single,' painted on it.

"What?"

"Nothing," Mason says quickly as we try to turn our smiles flat.

Gray goes in and comes out dressed as the Joker with the green hair, white face, hand tattoo and everything and the others all shrug their shoulders at it. A lot of effort, not that big a deal.

"Alright Beth, your up."

I walk in and lock the door behind me and pull out the costume.

"This is a stripper's costume you pervert!"

They all laugh at me. 

I put it on and adjust it to cover as much skin as I can. It's a Harley Quinn costume. Gray knew he was gonna be the Joker, didn't he? The lace leggings are just fine but the shorts are what get to me as they fit more like underwear. The shirt is a crop top with holes in it. There's the puddin choker, and jacket. And inside the bag left over is a bunch of make-up and hair stuff to go with it.

I walk out once I finish my makeup and hair and they whistle and chuckle at me.

"You set this up!" I say pointing at Gray.